7/3) Hero or Villain: The Collector's Housekeeper

Everyday heroes are all around. They do the jobs no one else wants to do, the tough jobs, the thankless jobs. The job that keeps on going even after your forty hours are up.

The housekeeper is an everyday hero, just going about her job. She is a hard worker and she prides herself on her work ethic. She never complains, even when the assigned task is cumbersome or filthy. She does the job and never questions. She believes him. She believes these people are sinners. They deserve their captivity and by God's grace, they will be redeemed.

As she goes about her chores, she does not look the other way. In fact, she looks them all in the eye. She knows that no matter how innocent looking or how much they plead to be set free, that only God can save these sinners. And she has tried to ease their pain (when he won't find out).

She has seen her Lord and Savior win over the devil. She knows even the least worthy can be saved because otherwise she is working for a madman, and she does not believe this because then she would be a madman's helper. She knows. She knows what's in the basement. And yet, it does not always set well with her soul. She prays and asks God to give her strength and not to let the devil in her ear.

Whether she is a hero or a villain is all in the eye of the beholder, but something that can not be denied is that without the housekeeper, The Collector would never have been so successful. Without her, he just would not have had the time.