4. UA High: First Day

It's a brand new day for the new UA student, Ken Tennyson. At the Hight's Alliance dorms, Ken was still sleeping as his alarm was going off. Still drowsy, he sat up on his bed and turns off his alarm.

Ken: Guess I shouldn't have played Sumo Slammers till midnight...I'm so tired...what time is it anyway?

With his tired eyes, Ken glances over to his clock and checks the time. At first he doesn't worry about it too much since it's just 8:15. Until he realizes he overslept.

Ken: Wait...IT'S 8:15?! OH MAN I'M GONNA BE LATE!!

Ken quickly gets off his bed and speed runs through his modern routine. After 5 minutes, Ken puts on his school uniform which he is not really used to since he never had to wear one in America.

After he gets ready, Ken dashes out of his room and out of the dorms and towards the main campus. He would turn into XLR8 but he can't since Japan has stricter quirk laws compared to America. Luckily Ken is a good runner since his dad made sure he never skipped leg day ever since he was a kid.

Ken: Gotta go fast!!

[7 minutes later]

With minutes to spare, Ken makes it to UA. He runs through the halls of the school trying to find 1-A.

Ken: Come on, come on, where's 1-A?

After running for 2 minutes, Ken finally arrives to his classroom only to be greeted with sight of the entrance being blocked by 3 students and a man in a yellow sleeping bag. A green haired boy, a brunette and a glasses kid from the entrance exams.

Sleepy head: Go somewhere else if you want to play at being friends.

Ken: What the hell is that?!

The students standing at the door the door look down on the floor to see the strange man in his sleeping bag. The man looks so damn worn out that after seeing him for the first time one would think this dude doesn't sleep at all.

Ken: Um...did I miss something?

Sleepy head: You're late and it took the rest of you 8 seconds to quiet down. Time is short. You kids ain't rational enough. My name is Shota Aizawa, nice to meet you. I'll be your homeroom teacher starting today.

Everyone: Homeroom teacher?!

Aizawa: I know it's sudden but change into your gym clothes and meet me outside.

[time skip]

The students after sometime assembled on the ground along with their homeroom teacher with students wondering why they were there.

Aizawa: Good you're all here. Now we can begin the quirk assessment tests.

Everyone: Quirk assessment tests?!

Ken: Ok now this is different from the hero schools in America...guess this what free style teaching means, the teachers are allowed to do whatever the hell they want.

Brunette: : W-What about the entrance ceremony? Theorientation?

Aizawa: If you're going to become heroes then you have to put such leisurely events aside. UA's selling point is how unrestricted its teaching traditions are. That's how teachers on this premise run their classes.

The class look at their teacher in silence and confusion. The students gives each other concerned looks with the exception of the angry ash-blonde kid, Ken and Tokio, who look like they're ready to rock.

Aizawa: *pulls out smart phone* You have been doing these since junior high too, right? Physical fitness tests where you weren't allowed to use your quirks...Many countries still use average scores taken from the students who weren't allowed to use their quirks. If you ask me, it's very irrational. Regardless, the Ministry of Education is only procrastinating the truth. *turns to Ken* Tennyson.