14. UA Sports Festival

[At the hospital after the USJ incident]

As Tsukauchi finished taking a statement from Ben, he got a call.

"WHAT?!" Tsukaushi exclaimed.

"What's wrong detective?!" Ken asked quickly.

"The leaders, Tomura Shigaraki and Kurogiri have escaped!!" the detective replied.

"What?! How?!" All Might exclaimed as the others were shocked to hear of this.

"No idea. According to the intel, their transport vehicle was destroyed and none of the officers who were guarding them survived." Tsukauchi replied.

"Damn it...!!" All Might muttered.

"Don't worry. We'll catch him." Tsukauchi reassured the Symbol of Peace.

[The day after the incident at UA]

"I did a thorough search for the name "Shigaraki" and for his quirk that seems to decay everything he touches. I searched the quirk registration records of citizens in their 20s or 30s but I couldn't find anything. Same goes for the Warp-Gate guy, Kurogiri. Either they were hit by census or they're simply aliases. In any case, they are, for all intents and purposes, people from the shadows. They never turned in their quirk registration forms." Tsukauchi reported to the staff and Principal of UA High who sat on a round table.

You see after the incident on USJ, UA High's Principal called a meeting to discuss the serious matter and investigate this "League of Villains." Even Ben 10,000 was asked to attend as he played a major part in defeating the criminals on the day of the incident.

"So long story short, we got nothing much to go on. And since this ringleader escaped custody yesterday, I'm sure he will try again in the near future." the hero named Snipe stated.

"The ring leader, huh..." Ben muttered, catching All Might's attention.

"Ben, what is it?" the Symbol Of Peace asked.

"It just came to my mind but that Shigaraki guy has some balls for sure. Under normal circumstances, those villains wouldn't have gone through with it. We're talking about some guy who used some dumb logic to gather everyone in a single place. Although he didn't tell me much about his quirk, that Shigaraki just wouldn't zip it when it came to that abomination he called a Nomu. And when things weren't going his way, he just couldn't stand it." Ben explained.

"Discarding the advantage of keeping their quirks concealed in a war against the heroes was very foolish on their part." Principal Nezu added.

"The way you described this guy...it looks like he takes pride in that creation. The over simplistic view that led them to believe their plan would go smoothly...and their handling of their scheme. If you take all of these things into consideration then the image of this Shigaraki that begins to present itself is...well, it's like he's got the mentality of a child. This feeling like he can do whatever he wants. Like some kind of man-child." All Might rationalized.

"You mean he's just a kid with power or something?!" the hero called Vlad King exclaimed.

"He might not have received the same quirk counseling every kid receives." Midnight replied.

"What does that have do to with anything?!"

"We mangaed to bring in 72 villains from the USJ yesterday, not counting the ring leaders who escaped custody, of course. They were all third rate back alley thugs. The problem is that they seemed to swear allegiance to that man child and followed him without question, every single one of them." the detective explained. "In this age filled with heroes, evil doers have felt the pressure to intensify with time and may have felt attracted to this simple-minded evil."