8. The Swordsman

[A/N: I'm going to be changing my style of writing from this chapter onwards. That's cus I didn't like my previous style and the dialogues felt a little off (kinda hard to describe, basically I didn't enjoy my previous style of writing)]

"THE HERO TEAM WINS!!" All Might announced over the speakers after Izuku and Ken had captured Iida.

Back at the monitoring room everyone's eyes were glued to the screen as they talked about how well Ken fought against Katsuki and how well Izuku was able to hold his own against a speedster like Iida without the use of his quirk.

"Ken Tennyson...what a fearsome opponent..." Fumikage stated as he continued to look at the screen alongside Mezo and Tsuyu.

About 5 minutes later Ken and Izuku returned to the monitoring room along with Tenya who was freed from Diamondhead's crystals and the capture tape.

"That was a fine battle, you two!! I graciously accept this loss!!" Tenya stated as he made some chopping motions with his right arm.

"Thanks, Iida. But you had the upper hand in our fight. If Tennyson didn't show up when he did I would have been taken out." Izuku replied with a slightly disappointed tone which doesn't go unnoticed by Ken.

"Dude, you were pretty much holding your own against a speedster before I showed up. A SPEEDSTER without the use of your quirk. That's something you should be proud of. Plus if you didn't trip Tenya back then, I would have had a much harder time taking him out. If anything it's because of you that I was able to capture Tenya as fast I as I did." Ken said to Izuku trying to cheer him up.

"NOW THAT THE BATTLE HAS ENDED, I WOULD SAY YOUNG TENNYSON WAS THE MVP" All Might stated to the class as he held his usual grin on his face.

"No surprise there" Tsuyu said as she put her finger at the bottom of her chin.

"WILL ANYONE TELL ME WHY THAT IS?" All Might asked with his hands on his hips expecting a quick answer.

"I will!!" Momo Yaoyorozu said as she raised her hand to answer. "From what I saw, Bakugo's actions were clearly guided by a personal grudge. And as you mentioned before it is utterly foolish to use destructive attacks indoors. Tennyson on the other hand made very sound decisions for example, taking the fight outside the building after witnessing the destructive power of Bakugo's attacks and choosing a transformation that countered Bakugo's quirk completely and rendered him useless. Furthermore, if Tennyson hadn't stepped in between Midoriya and Bakugo at the beginning of the exercise, I believe Midoriya would engage Bakugo in a drawn out battle with only their personal vendettas guiding their actions. It is these decisions that Tennyson made that make him the MVP of this battle." Momo stated with her hand still raised.

"SHE SAID IT BETTER THAN I COULD!!" All Might thought to himself as his body slightly trembled. "YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT, YOUNG YAOYOROZU!!" All Might said with a shaky thumbs up.

The next few matches went on in new locations. The second match was decided in an instant as Shoto froze the entire building to win. Finally it was time for the fifth match; Team 3 vs Team 7 with Team 3 as villains and Team 7 as heroes.

"The opponent team comprises of strong adversaries, a scout like Jiro and a strong electricity based quirk like Kaminari's." Momo said to Tokio as he was doing warm ups.

"You got a plan?" Tokio asked Momo who is setting up barricades against the door. 

"I do. We keep them from coming here at all costs. I'll set up traps and barricades and guard the bomb here while you can keep our opponents occupied. With a quirk like yours, 2 against 1 shouldn't be problem for you." Yaoyorozu said as she created multiple flash bangs and a few capture nets to be set up in the bomb room.