49. Stand Your Ground, Heroes!!

THE CHIMERAN HARBINGER

"Has it begun?" Vilgax asked his humble servant.

"Yes, my liege." Psyphon replied. "The plan is in motion."

"Good..." Vilgax replied as he looked over to one of his new recruits. "Psychobos, what's the status on my recovery?"

"93% and climbing." Psychobos replied.

"And what of our new ally?" Psyphon asked as he looked over to another giant tube opposite to Vilgax's.

"He'll be ready soon." Psychobos replied. "I just hope this monkey's so called elites, and I use the term loosely, will be able to keep up with our warriors."

"Their failure or success is of no consequence to us. They just happened to be the best way to get closer to the boy. Our team just needs to stick to the plan." Psyphon replied.

"Why am I not down there, Psyphon? Surely, my intellect would prove to be an excellent asset to our warriors." Psychobos asked.

"Your services are required here, Doctor. You're here to accelerate Vilgax's recovery. Besides, Albedo is down there already. His intellectual prowess and the Antitrix will be enough to guide Khyber and Sunder." Psyphon replied.

"If it weren't for the Antitrix that I created, he would not be as powerful as he is now...Yet treats it like it were his creation...! That lowly, pompous Galvin...!" Psychobos whispered out loud.

"Do not involve me in your pointless one sided rivalry with the Galvins, Doctor. And do what you were brought here to do." Psyphon replied as he turned his attention to a large red screen which showcased the profile pictures of Khyber, Albedo and Sunder. "Albedo, status report."

"In process of neutralizing the opposition in front of me." Humungousaur's voice replied through the radio.

"What of your team mates?" Psyphon asked.

"Sunder is with me. As for Khyber, he's dealing with two of Tennyson's friends." Humungousaur replied as the sound of an energy blast could be heard from his side with a few grunts from Humoungousaur himself.

"What of the boy? Where is Ken Tennyson?" Psyphon demanded.

"Don't worry, Psyphon. Tennyson's offspring will be here. And he won't be strong enough to defeat us." Humungousaur replied before hanging up.

WITH SHIGARAKI AND KUROGIRI

In their hideout, Shigaraki sat on the bar counter; playing a video game. All the while, Kurogiri cleaned the glasses on the counter.

"Are you sure it'll be just fine with them only?" Kurogiri asked Tomura.

"Yeah. it's not the time for me to make my appearance yet." Tomura replied as he continued playing his game. "The game's changed. You see, before I was playing like an RPG. We had our equipment prepared but we tried to fight a level 100 boss at level 1."

"As the player, I should use whatever pawns I have available to me and work my way up." Tomura explained as he put down his gaming console and picked up a picture of Katsuki fighting Izuku. "For that reason, I have to first make a crack in this wretched society. It doesn't matter if this team succeeds or not. Their presence alone would be a major blow to the heroes...!"

"So, in other words, they're just sacrificial pawns?" Kurogiri asked.

"No, of course not! Am I really that heartless to you? They're strength is the real deal. And our new allies...We may have our differences but we can count on them to get the job done." Tomura replied.