Chapter 4: A Royal Introduction

There already seemed to be other dragons that had come before Peacemaker arrived. Some looked older than others. According to what Peacemaker could remember from Moon and Kinkajou talking about it, Jade Mountain used to have an entire school with similar ages, however as the years went by(five years) the school changed a little with new winglets and a year system of students. The first year is where Peacemaker is going to be at, the second years, the third, the fourth, the fifth, and the graduating years where Peacemaker's current friends are all at.

Landing among the dragons, some happy, others looking like their meal was stolen, Peacemaker observed his surroundings. Student after student, they were let in and were able to explore the place. Peacemaker clung to Hope's side.

"Well, here it is buddy," Hope said in a calm voice.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?' Peacemaker asked.

"Didn't you accept the invitation?" Hope asked back. "I mean we can leave if you truly don't want to stay."

"No! It's fine. Just a little nervous that's all," Peacemaker assured.

"There you are," a voice behind them both said. "I was interested if you'd want to come because you don't often leave your home." Peacemaker and Hope turned around, a bright yellow Sandwing was standing there with a friendly expression.

"Ah, Sunny, it's you. Happy to see you, and yes we did come," Hope said. Sunny smiled,

"Glad to hear it, welcome to Jade Mountain Academy Peacemaker, we're glad to have you. The dragonets will be left at the auditorium soon, we're just waiting on a few more." Peacemaker nodded and Sunny turned around to check on the other students.

"Well Peacemaker, the time is soon when I'll have to leave," Hope said. "Just remember a few things okay? Are you listening?" Peacemaker nodded.

"First of all, if something bad happens or you're not feeling well don't be afraid of asking for help from one of your friends or the teachers. You are always welcome back in the rainforest if you think this school is not for you," Hope explained. Yeah, sure, always welcome. Maybe by everyone but the queen, and half the Nightwings, Peacemaker thought. Hope continued,

"Second of all, do not get into too much trouble, no fights unless it is self-defense, no stealing, no insulting others, and stuff like that." Peacemaker nodded once again.

"Lastly," Hope sighed weirdly. "Try to get used to being eyed on by the teachers, as you would know, we know them personally so they know you a lot more and want you to be safe." Peacemaker blinked and gave a hesitant nod.

"Something tells me that there is a little bit more than just 'keeping you safe'," Darkstalker commented. Your guess is as good as mine, Darks.

After a few other dragons showed up, their parent or guardians were starting to leave. Peacemaker gave one last hug to his mother.

"See you soon, Peace," Hope said flying off. "Remember what I said." Peacemaker watched as his mother disappeared into the distance.

"Peace, Moon is coming behind you," Darkstalker warned. Peacemaker looked back and saw Moon smiling and stopped right next to him.

"Guess I'm not that good at sneaking up, or maybe you're just too observant for your good," Moon chuckled putting a wing around Peacemaker. "Don't worry, when I first came here I was just as nervous as you to leave my mother behind. But look at me, I'm doing fine aren't I?"

"Of course, you're one of the best dragons I know," Peacemaker said.

"One of the best?" Moon laughed. "Who are the other best dragons for you."