Chapter 34: The Graveyard

...

"Of course, they would," Peacemaker mumbled. "Why go to this effort for just a cool earring?"

There was a response.

"Were they caught? Qibli might not like it," Peacemaker inquired.

There was another response.

"Oh...where I'm going? Clearblade told me the meeting spot. I'll beat her to it," Peacemaker answered. "It's just going to be us."

Then a voice of concern.

"Nah, it's going to be alright," Peacemaker assured. 

"The rainforest is a good place after all, isn't it? Nothing much will happen, just you wait."

...

Peacemaker slowly opened his heavy eyes, blinking a little before trying to adjust to the light. It was bright and Peacemaker guessed that it was either in the morning or early afternoon. 

"W-What..where am I?" Peacemaker sleepily blurted out. 

"Morning little strawberry," Darkstalker stood over Peacemaker looking down with a relieved expression. "Look who's finally awake." Although Darkstalker didn't answer his question, Peacemaker figured it out quickly, from the ceiling, Peacemaker could tell this was no healing center of the academy but instead his room. He realized he was on a hammock and shuffled around to get a little more up. 

It was quiet and empty which reminded Peacemaker of the incident with Peregrine and Thrush but there was no darkness, every corner was bright and lit and almost had the exact opposite vibe. There was nobody around, Dusky wasn't with him nor could Peacemaker hear anybody near.

Figuring the coast was clear Peacemaker started to ask,

"Wait...Darks, how long was I out for?" 

"Pretty much an entire day straight mostly from your constant lack of sleep, can't say some of the others were that lucky," Darkstalker replied. 

"What others?" Peacemaker wondered.

"Other dragons and teachers, you know, the ones that got hit with an explosion? Some of them are knocked out for whatever amount of time," Darkstalker clarified. Peacemaker blinked and rubbed his eyes as he slowly started getting off the hammock. He stumbled a little.

"Woah there, relax, you've still been down for a decently long time, at least take some time to adjust yourself," Darkstalker suggested. Peacemaker eventually got his grip on the floor and started stretching quickly, as he stretched he took the time to look around. The room seemed just about the same but a little more dusty, next to his hammock laid his bag which Peacemaker now remembered clearly what was in it.

Peacemaker turned on his Clearsight which felt more...swift and easy, it felt almost as natural as breathing. Not to mention he didn't have the wave of exhaustion pulling him down anymore mentally and physically. He no longer felt like collapsing.

"Maybe that's just the benefit of sleeping, something you take for granted," Darkstalker commented. "Now that I think about it...no wonder Chameleon went a little crazy."

The objects were still in his bag, they made the bag look like a lantern as the magic constantly flew around in it. To Peacemaker, it was like a bunch of fireflies in a jar all glowing about. Peacemaker sighed in relief. It was a good thing it wasn't gone hence it wasn't found and Peacemaker doesn't have to explain anything with Tsunami giving him a death stare...possibly Clay too after what happened that night.