Chapter 5: A Bigger Royal Introduction

"Welcome everyone to the new school year at the academy," Sunny announced. "Especially to our first years and our first-year Pantala students. It's a pleasure having you. As usual, the first day is exploring and getting back into the groove of things after the long break." Peacemaker almost forgot about the students from Pantala, the lost continent that was recently discovered five years ago. Ever since then, the connection between the two had gradually started getting better with a small town on both where you could go from one continent to another. However, it was quite tedious to get permission and be accepted into Pantala. This is the first year of an attempt to bring students from Pantala to Jade Mountain Academy.

"I would not like to waste any time that could be spent exploring and meeting new dragons, so you guys are all dismissed to your caves and free to explore. There had been a few problems so a few of you had not received your winglet lists or classes, there are scrolls put around the hallways for you to check," Sunny finished. Peacemaker had been one of the few that hadn't gotten a scroll about classes or his winglet. He guessed it was because he might've been a late addition to the roster. He was only invited here because Moon wanted him to go out and meet new dragons ever since the incident. Clearblade. Her name kept repeating in his head. I'm so sorry. No! Stop thinking about her right now, Moon can be near! Peacemaker cursed quietly at himself. He even hit himself in the head.

"Um, Peacemaker? What was that?" Cliff asked. Peacemaker had forgotten that Cliff was next to him.

"Uh...I was a little sleepy so I decided to hit myself awake," Peacemaker lied quickly. Cliff looked at him oddly but seemed to shrug it off.

"Interesting, well I don't know about you but I'm curious what the other dragons in my winglet are like," Cliff said, opening up a scroll he had and studying the different names.

"I didn't get my winglet scroll or the classes," Peacemaker explained. Cliff's eyes shined looking at the scroll.

"Well, today is our lucky day! We're in the same winglet!" Cliff said with joy.

"Really?" Peacemaker asked.

"Yeah, look!" Cliff said, pointing at the list of names.

Jade Winglet: 1st Year

Pyrrhia:

Icewing: Mink

Mudwing: Sludgesnout

Nightwing: Peacemaker

Rainwing: Berrybush

Sandwing: Drytail

Seawing: Auklet

Skywing: Cliff

Pantala:

Silkwing: Dusky

Hivewing: Bumblebee

Leafwing: Venuswing

"That's fantastic," Peacemaker said scanning the different names.

"That also means we have the same classes so you probably don't even need those scrolls anyways," Cliff pointed out. Peacemaker continued to look at the names. Berrybush? When was she added? Peacemaker didn't remember Berrybush ever having an interest in the academy. Odd timing maybe? He thought.

"Glad you made a friend!" A voice Peacemaker recognized as Kinkajou said behind him. "You are friends...right?" Cliff chuckled,

"Of course we are, we are going to be amazing together!" Peacemaker smiled and nodded. Kinkajou smiled as well.