Chapter 23: The Wariness of Death

"Here we are!" Cliff announced. They all landed on the outskirts of the Sky Kingdom on a large platform. It was morning, with the sun up and shining the entire kingdom. They had all rested in the night at the stop in Claws of the Clouds mountains.

"It's quite big," Bumblebee commented.

"I-It reminds me a little of the hives in Pantala," Dusky added. The Sky Kingdom someway resembles a castle, up high where it was admittedly chilly. Queen Ruby seemed to say something to the guards which Peacemaker guessed was to release them from duty for now since they all had left.

"Alright everyone, I'll be showing you to the guest rooms where you can place your belongings for now," Ruby stated. "If you'd like to, Cliff you may show them around."

"Alright Mom," Cliff nodded. Queen Ruby smiled, patting his head a little before gesturing Peacemaker, Dusky, and Bumblebee to follow her. Cliff of course came along too.

As Queen Ruby lead them down hallways, Peacemaker examined around.

Skywings were here and there, some were flying and others were just simply guards, though some eyes were looking at the small group Queen Ruby was leading. Peacemaker understood why. Ordinary citizens that aren't higher-positioned guards or have jobs that require going to other places don't often leave the kingdom of their tribe. Meaning to quite a lot of dragons, rarely you would see a dragon from a different tribe unless they're in your kingdom. What's even rarer is seeing a dragon from a different continent like Silkings and Hivewings. Although this had been gradually changing with the whole "peace and harmony" type of thing dragons like the Dragonets of Destiny tried spreading.

To Peacemaker, he does agree that peace would be nice, less war, less dragons and dragonets dying but how long will it take for other problems to occur? With the rise of different tribes of dragons being more connected, will there be hybrids of many different tribes? If so, then what kind of abominations could be made from different combinations way later in the future? Darkstalker would be a good example because even being half Icewing, he still was able to have Nightwing abilities of the three moons and have animus magic from his Icewing father. In that case, could there be more dangerous combinations?

What about me? I have an ordinary fire but I also have an altered version of Rainwing venom because I'm half Rainwing. What an interesting assassin I could be though I don't think Queen Glory is going to allow it. But what about my weird...eyes? If I'm made from animus magic, Dark's magic, then am I even a dragon? Do magic dragons have biological parents even? No...I have a mother, don't I? Is she my-

"Ouch!" Peacemaker yelped a little, feeling a sudden pain in his arm. "Cliff what was that for...oh wait, I was probably lost in thought again wasn't I?" Cliff nodded,

"Hmh, seriously you got to stop being lost in thought like that, I mean I sometimes can be but I at least don't think so hard, and long I forget my surroundings."

"What are you talking about-oh shoot," Peacemaker quickly dodged a pillar he was about to bump into.

"Exactly what I was talking about," Cliff commented.

"Alright fine, you win this argument," Peacemaker chuckled a little. Seeing Cliff, Peacemaker was reminded of when he explained to Cliff about seeing magic.

...

"So...you're telling me that weird glow your eyes have sometimes might be an ability where you can see traces of actual animus magic?" Cliff repeated. Peacemaker nodded,

"I did tell you it was going to sound a little crazy." Cliff looked at Peacemaker with a bit of a skeptical look.

"Alright then, I remember Gust wearing an enchanted earring that Queen Scarlet forced him to wear," Cliff mentioned, pointing at Gust. "So do you see a glow in the shape of an earring?" Peacemaker could tell Cliff was lying, his eyes slightly were going in the direction of his mother, Queen Ruby. Possibly for inspiration? Peacemaker guessed. He figured Cliff was testing Peacemaker. Peacemaker shook his head,