Chapter 29: Magical Nightmares

Peacemaker quietly left his room, the morning had just hit and no outside noise had caused any disturbances. Peacemaker walked past his mother's room, pausing to stare at the door for a few seconds before returning to the kitchen. There was a dining table in it, there Peacemaker sat alone with no other noise besides a few birds chirping which was now being heard.

Peacemaker looked at the round table before his head collapsed, banging on the table.

"Owch, three moons," Peacemaker cursed under his breath.

"Having fun?" Darkstalker asked.

"Darks just...shut up," Peacemaker sighed, still letting his head rest. "My head hurts..."

"Told you," Darkstalker commented. "You should've just slept."

"Didn't you ramble on the entire time?" Peacemaker shot back.

"Well yeah, I had to find some way to kill time with you as you silently did whatever you were doing," Darkstalker replied. "Where's your knife by the way?"

"In my room," Peacemaker answered.

"In your room? Aren't you the one cautious about any possible danger?" Darkstalker questioned.

"With the headache, I'm having right now, sounds like a hatching day gift," Peacemaker sighed again. Peacemaker stood up finally and looked over some cabinets. Peacemaker found a mug and placed it on the counter. "You know what? I think I'm going to start getting into coffee."

"Coffee?" Darkstalker wondered.

"Oh right, I remember, you wouldn't know this," Peacemaker realized. "Well to give you a brief explanation pretty much around the start when the Pantala continent was discovered, Pyrrhia quickly noticed that Pantala was more advanced not only in technology but also in food and drinks, there was a lot more variety of options. One of them was coffee which was brought to this continent since a few exhausted overnight guards might've been a bit angry or something like that."

"Does it help when tired?" Darkstalker inquired.

"Not sure, there aren't that many scrolls about it currently well at least here that I know of but I have heard that it works to some degree. Hope drinks this often," Peacemaker answered, pouring the brown liquid into the mug.

"Hope...yeah, about her, I think it's pretty clear I was right about-"

"Being Foeslayer. Unfortunately Yeah, I heard that entire conversation as you did," Peacemaker finished turning toward Darkstalker sipping a bit of coffee. The taste was good, it was a bit odd but he didn't mind.

"I doubt that it was pleasant for you to hear," Darkstalker commented.

"Well it was surprising," Peacemaker mumbled, sipping another bit of coffee, this one was larger.

(Wow, either this thing was drugged or it's doing its magic).

"I'm guessing you're currently too tired to care..." Darkstalker commented.

"Probably," Peacemaker mumbled again taking in an even larger sip.

"Well then, what's the plan for today?" Darkstalker inquired. Peacemaker thought for a little bit before responding,

"Well, same as before if you could call it a plan, find the culprit and kill them. Now it looks like Moonwatcher's visions might be finally helpful in my case."

"I'm guessing it's the mention of the Skywing that you were killing," Darkstalker guessed.

"Bingo," Peacemaker agreed. "Now looking at this we can finally conclude that I was right to suspect that the Secret Assasin or at least one of them is a Skywing, most likely being the one wearing the weird mask."