Chapter 7: Consequences of a Bet

"Seriously what took you guys so long?" Cliff complained. They were heading outside for a quick flight and grabbing a snack or two.

"Nothing much, we were just discussing our kingdoms and Peacemaker explained about Rainwing's history and the other queens," Mink explained. "He had a lot to say."

"Somehow I believe that's not all," Dusky doubted with a still quiet voice. Dusky was certainly quick to question things, Peacemaker thought.

"Do you want to test how long I can recite what I told to Mink?" Peacemaker challenged.

"I'd rather not," Cliff implied.

"I thought you were the talkative one?" Mink questioned.

"Who said I'm not, it's just history is quite boring for me," Cliff answered. Dusky shrugged his shoulders still not fully convinced but didn't seem like he wanted to continue speaking.

"There you are!" A voice that Peacemaker automatically identified as Kinkajou chirped. "I almost thought you left the school." Peacemaker was tackled by the dragon full of energy. Peacemaker giggled,

"Why would I?" There behind Kinkajou Moon and Qibli were also there. Out of automatic response, Peacemaker started masking his thoughts, not too much though.

"You were gone for quite a bit, Peace" Qibli replied. "Though I see you made some friends." Peacemaker smiled,

"Yeah, they're quite nice."

"Wait," Mink paused. "Aren't you Winter's friends?" Moon nodded,

"Yes we are, you must be Princess Mink, right? Winter's cousin?" Mink nodded.

"Yeah, I was wondering if Winter is here, or did he stay to study scaven-humans?" Mink asked. Peacemaker remembered Qibli telling him about the reveal that the small little scavengers were humans with thoughts, feelings, knowledge, and other things like dragons had. Peacemaker stopped wanting to write the song that he had the idea of in his head because of it. He didn't feel comfortable with the idea of writing a song about comparing a human head to strawberries.

"Winter chose to stay where he was," Moon explained, she saw Mink's disappointed expression(and probably thoughts) and Peacemaker noticed too. "However, he does promise to visit so that's something to look forward to."

"Hey, Peacemaker! Want to race?" Cliff dared already above them. Peacemaker glanced at the others, Moon made a gesture of "go ahead".

"Alright, you're on!" Peacemaker accepted. "Loser needs to grab snacks for everyone in the winglet!" Cliff smirked,

"Sounds like a good bet, first to get between the two mountains!" Cliff, who was a Skywing, and a lot more built and interested in flying, reasonably beat Peacemaker by a long shot. The others cheered and placed bets beside Dusky who was quietly smiling as the race took on.

"Ah, it seems to me that the glorious prince that I am has achieved another victory!" Cliff declared. Peacemaker sighed in defeat,

"Alright, a bet's a bet. What would you want?"

"Give me some cows, they are quite tasty," Cliff answered,

"Fish...from the prey center I guess?" Mink said.

"A-Anything is fine, just please no meat," Dusky added. Peacemaker nodded and started heading back to ask the rest of his clawmates, he could hear the two groups of friends he had talking with each other. As Peacemaker turned the corner, Darkstalker chimed in.

"They're talking about you?" Darkstalker said.

"What? They are?" Peacemaker asked. Darkstalker nodded,