Chapter 16: Colors, Faces, and Trauma

Peacemaker was alone, after a while of Cliff's humming he fell asleep. Peacemaker's question was still in his head. He walked a little bit where he knew Cliff couldn't have possibly woken up or no one would reasonably be since it was the middle of the night.

"Darks?" Peacemaker called.

"Yes, Peace?" Darkstalker responded, appearing in front of him. "Let me guess, is it a question?" Peacemaker nodded,

"Yeah, if it's okay." Darkstalker shrugged,

"I don't mind, ask away."

"Who's Clearsight?" Peacemaker hesitantly asked. The words seemed to get a reaction out of Darkststalker, as his face faltered slightly.

"What do you mean? What about her?" Darkstalker asked.

"Like I said," Peacemaker replied. "Who was she, you seemed to know her." There was a long pause. Darkstalker sighed,

"Clearsight...to me, she was like Clearblade to you, rational and smart, I loved her. Like me, she was able to see a lot of the future, it was impressive, especially considering the whole Nightwing tribe had a bunch of different seers or mind readers. However, unlike me, she looked deep into her visions there was a bunch of good and a bunch of bad. I never really bothered and just used the visions for any nearby threats or danger, probably a good thing since I might have won and gained control of the whole continent if I did use the visions like Clearsight." Peacemaker was amazed by this new reveal from Darkstalker. He squinted at the last part where Darkstalker talked about gaining control of the whole continent. We're going to need to talk about that soon, Darks, Peacemaker thought.

"What happened to her? What's with the Holy Clearsight stuff that Bee mentioned?" Peacemaker inquired.

"What happened to her? Well..." Darkstalker trailed off. "I'm pretty sure I was losing it, I did some wicked stuff and I guess she saw it faster than I could...a lot faster. She and Fathom had gotten a plan where she managed to sneak a bracelet to my wrist, enchanted to put me to sleep as long as it was on, from there, I don't know."

"Okay, who the heck is Fathom?" Peacemaker asked, wondering again about the new name.

"Story for another time," Darkstalker mumbled. "But I have to admit, I was quite surprised that Pantala even knew her, and the whole Holy Clearsight thing. Gosh, that sounds weird to say."

"If we think about this logically, back then, around 2,000 years ago, you still made a pretty big name for yourself considering there are scrolls about you. I guess after Clearsight put you to sleep, her reputation here was probably not that good so with her visions she probably made it to Pantala, since no Pantala dragon had ever seen a Nightwing with such abilities, they saw her as a special visitor," Peacemaker guessed. "I guess history played its part as nowadays she seems to be a goddess-like figure."

"Yeah, that made sense," Darkstalker muttered guiltily. "She is now looked up to as a goddess and I...I evolved from a horror story to now a dragon you don't ever speak the name of."

"I don't see you as a horror story or any of that," Peacemaker grinned. "You are my...ghost friend, yeah."

"But you probably would if you knew what I did, and possibly the things I did that I may not remember," Darkstalker replied.

"Well, how am I supposed to make that judgment if I don't even know entirely what you did," Peacemaker argued. "Besides, I'm still waiting on that confession you promised."

"Another time, Peace," Darkstalker mumbled.

"Come on, Darks, you said you will when we're alone, and here we are."