Chapter 32: A Blaze of Violence

Peregrine slowly got closer to the two. Cliff seemingly still was processing what happened and Peacemaker held out his knife, debating on two options, fight or flight.

"Sorry about the arrival, I couldn't get a weapon in time and this was too much of an opportunity to miss. Azure is no longer an issue to this school," Peregrine sighed.

"Why does that sound like..." Cliff trailed off.

"Peregrine?" Peacemaker finished, no longer caring about being quiet considering Peregrine was right there. "Cliff, it is."

"No way..." Cliff stepped back, shaking his head. 

"Bingo," Peregrine laughed a little behind the mask.

"Didn't you want to be a nurse for the Sky Kingdom? WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!" Cliff inquired. Peregrine was quiet before responding,

"Yeah, I did. I still would've enjoyed it but let me tell you, throughout the years, you can tell when a dragon is terrible. Take Sludgesnout for example, if he had continued being here, he probably would've caused more incidents like what happened to Peacemaker. I know how it eventually goes down, the Dragonets of Destiny continue giving them stupid chances, and the next thing you know, they take it up a notch. Then an innocent soul is badly hurt or even worse, they die."

"So you just simply killed them before any of that happens?" Peacemaker guessed. Peregrine nodded,

"The way I see it, they can't hurt anybody else if they're dead." 

Peacemaker noticed something, Peregrine was not stepping any closer. It was like an invisible line that Peregrine made sure not to cross just in case. Furthermore, Peacemaker felt Peregrine's eyes particularly on him and not both of them. 

Peacemaker then remembered the Rainwing venom that almost got Peregrine the first time. 

(He's cautious that I might try to hit him with it), Peacemaker thought.

"I thought you wanted to help and heal others? Not try to solve it with more violence?" Cliff questioned.

"Don't get me wrong, I want to 'help and heal others' but while I'm at it, why not decrease the number of dragons getting hurt or killed by getting rid of those less...deserving of life?" Peregrine replied. "Besides...I don't get rid of a dragon just because of one rude comment since if that were the case, I'd light this whole school up in flames. Speaking of which...I wonder how he's doing...?"

"He?" Peacemaker repeated.

"Doesn't matter," Peregrine sighed before looking directly at Peacemaker. "I think that was enough entertainment don't you think?" Peregrine gripped the sharpened rock coated with Azure's blood visibly tighter. Peacemaker and Cliff backed away.

(Alright think of a plan. THINK)! Peacemaker told himself, trying to get every detail of the situation and where they were. The problem was that due to the darkness, it was hard to tell where they were in the school. If the "he" is any indication, there must be another dragon Peregrine was working with and probably in the school too. 

Due to the mask, it'd be reasonable to think it wasn't designed like Shard's helmet and still allowed some frost breath usage. So unless Peregrine lifts it, he can't use fire as a projectile.

Peacemaker could try and use Rainwing venom but if Peacemaker couldn't conjure it up, they were screwed. Peacemaker could use his knife and Cliff could use his fire and...

(A distraction)!

Cliff could use fire to hit him near where the eyes were, despite the mask seemingly being faceless, Peregrine had to see out of something, right? Peacemaker also has fire but as a Skywing, Cliff would be able to shoot it faster. The moment Peregrine's vision is lost for a moment, Cliff and Peacemaker should just sprint. Maybe it could bring the time needed for Peacemaker to bring up the sleeping dart gun and possibly deal with Peregrine-