Chapter 26: Inside Within the Walls

Peacemaker hadn't realized half the death trap the Ice Kingdom was to him until he was in the Ice Kingdom for a week. On the first day, Peacemaker was curious. If the Icewings fought Darkstalker, then all of them had to have an earring which was becoming evident. Once he had time to be alone on the balcony, which was a miracle considering Peacemaker was rarely alone, he used his magic-seeing eyes, and the Ice Kingdom...lit up. There were hints of magic everywhere. A massive wall of the aura was seen from a very distance surrounding the Ice Kingdom, Peacemaker knew this was the Great Icewall. But of course, that was not the only thing. Almost every Icewing that looked older than four once had an earring making the scenery look like each dragon was carrying a lantern and was strolling down each path.

Peacemaker shuttered at the view of this.

He knew the reason, but just thinking and seeing the earring made his heart thump louder, A whole tribe with hints of magic from the earrings was something else. Just one of them is enough, and then it is over for Peacemaker as he just...started crumbling into dust like smashing an art piece until you couldn't tell what it was.

Even worse, Peacemaker started hearing the whispers of the magic and they were pretty loud. There were so many different words being spoken(probably because of how many gifts there were) that he could hardly make out what they were. Most were coming from inside the main palace of the Ice Kingdom, the queen's room. He figured if there was any place for the gifts besides a hidden armory would be the room of the queen who was most likely using the gifts in the first place.

"If you're being bothered by these enchantments from the Icewings, why are you even staying here?" Darkstalker asked.

"Darks, you know this, this is a visitation, I wanted to go see Mink and the only way I could right now is if I visit the Ice Kingdom," Peacemaker answered. Speaking of the gifts, there was the Great Ice Cliff again, although I could cross it if I left with the bracelet then I'd be surely hunted down for it, possibly breaking Mink's trust. If I leave the bracelet here and do not freeze to death yet, I still can't cross the Great Ice Cliff...from above at least. There is the hole made by Queen Snowfall, the problem is I don't know its exact location and I'll be caught by one of the many Icewings that's within the borders.

Peacemaker felt someone walking by, he knew who it was. There was only one dragon that would come. Peacemaker looked up at the night sky, there were brighter stars, some were dim but some were shining. As the talon steps stopped right behind Peacemaker, he heard them speak.

"It's beautiful tonight isn't it?" they commented, stepping up right next to Peacemaker.

"It sure is, I like seeing the stars, I guess in a way they reflect my mood," Peacemaker replied.

"Well that's one way to put it," they laughed a little. "Though they do remind me of your eyes." Peacemaker looked at them, weirded out,

"Excuse me, MY eyes?"

"I'm talking about the stars and nice shine you have in your eyes when you do the whole magic eye thing," they clarified. "N-Not like your normal ones are bad." Peacemaker chuckled again, looking at the stars,

"You do realize your older sister commented that my eyes looked weird and soulless, right?"

"I thought we had this talk before? Besides, she doesn't know you the way I do so her opinion doesn't count here," they defended. Peacemaker turned to look at them once again, he couldn't help but chuckle softly to himself, but he was a little less happy. There was the Icewing princess in front of him, wearing a roped necklace with little orbs spread throughout it, reflective dark blue circular earrings, and a golden ring on one of their talons. Princess Mink.