Chapter 30: Result of Unhealed Wounds

"So...was getting all those sleeping darts worth it?" Clawslasher asked. 

"It's only like twenty," Peacemaker replied. If he could, he could've gotten more. When both of them were heading to find Shard, Peacemaker remembered about the sleeping darts he could get from the rainforest. Shard surprisingly had some scales on him which Peacemaker promised to pay back for the sleeping darts, for now, the sleeping darts are going to be quite useful and you can never have too much protection. 

The Rainwing that gave them the sleeping darts was quite confused seeing that he wanted it so Peacemaker had to just say it was for target practice with other Rainwings which in a way could be true, though the target is a killer or any other possible threat. The sleeping darts were all in a basket which Clawslasher offered to carry for Peacemaker despite it not weighing that much.

"I sometimes forget you're a sharpshooter, why did you even want to be a strawberry gardener again?" Clawslasher inquired.

"I guess in a way it correlates with my liking for strawberries and...what Moonwatcher would've wanted," Peacemaker explained. "Nowadays, I have no idea what I'm going to do, I guess, there isn't much of a path for me to be honest."

"Not much of a path?" Clawslasher repeated. "Yeah...seeing how things are going so far for you, you're probably right." Peacemaker looked back at Clawslasher, staring at him as he said the odd response. Peacemaker felt like questioning it but he continued heading forward. 

(Glory is still probably in my house with Hope, it's not likely for me to sneak back out with a sleeping dart gun and have no Rainwings be suspicious of me), Peacemaker thought. (I guess, Claws and I will have to carry this basket, and hopefully dragons won't be too weirded out).

Peacemaker and Clawslasher were navigating through the Rainwing Village, as Peacemaker predicted there were more Rainwings around. Only a few of them gave weird looks. 

Peacemaker explained the whole event leading up to showing Shard the Gift of Light, eventually the Moon Globes started to appear, floating about, and soon enough they were at the location. Shard and Jambu were nowhere to be around though.

Though Peacemaker did feel eyes nearby.

"Well that's weird, they're not here, I think Shard must've looked for me instead," Peacemaker guessed.

"You're right about that one," a hidden Rainwing commented making Clawslasher visibly jump.  

"Go figure, another camouflaged Rainwing," Darkstalker sighed. (Yeah, they're going to be everywhere).

They revealed themselves. This Rainwing looked male, with mostly bright yellow scales like a lot of Rainwings prefer when they choose a color. He was tall and thin and had generally friendly eyes though Peacemaker still didn't trust it. 

Peacemaker didn't know this particular Rainwing but something was off right then and there. 

It wasn't until Peacemaker looked a little above the Rainwing's horns is where he spotted the difference. The horns seemed deformed slightly curving like a hook. One of them seemed cracked a little like a dragon grabbed a large rock and based the particular horn several times.

"You've seen him leave?" Peacemaker inquired. "Do you know where he went?" The Rainwing seemed to think about it for a little bit before nodding,

"I think he and Jambu headed in that direction, where the Night Village is."

"I'm assuming he went back to my house," Peacemaker sighed. "Very well then, I guess that's where we're going."

"Hey, at least let me have some time to introduce myself," the Rainwing chuckled a little before doing a dramatic bow, "Greetings new Nightwings, my name is duh, duh-ruh, duh-DUH! Avis."