Chapter 6: A Tiny Bit of Happiness

"Ugh...so you guys are my clawmates?" Sludgesnout grumbled. Peacemaker, Cliff, Mink, and Dusky stared at each other awkwardly.

"Um," Cliff started. "Yes? Since we are clawmates." Sludgesnout looked at Cliff, then at Mink. Peacemaker looked at both of them, he noticed how Sludgesnout like Azure had with Cliff, was eyeing the treasure both were wearing. Like Cliff, Mink wore jewelry to show her status as an Icewing princess. She didn't wear a noticeable much but wore two shiny earrings that looked like pearls.

"That's quite the treasure, are you guys royalty or anything like that?" Sludgesnout asked keeping his gaze on their jewelry.

"Y-Yes, name's Prince Cliff. You can call me Cliff," Cliff answered. Mink just nodded.

"Well, that is...quite interesting," Sludegnout trailed off. He headed to a large pile of leaves and lay down. Peacemaker examined Sludegsnout, he was one of the largest in the winglet with dark eyes and a scar on his neck. It reminded Peacemaker of the scar Qibli had. Qibli had explained that he had gotten it from his time in the scorpion den. Could he be from the scorpion den? Peacemaker wondered.

"Well...that was certainly interesting," Cliff sighed turning to them. "I was thinking of checking out the library, heard they got new scrolls and such, want to come?"

"Sure, I don't mind," Peacemaker agreed.

"Sounds nice," Mink agreed as well. Dusky just shrugged,

"I guess so if it's okay." Cliff smiled,

"Of course why wouldn't it? I am curious about scrolls they might have of Pantala." Dusky did a soft smile as they headed out. The library was quite an entrance. There were many other dragons there since there were no classes today. Peacemaker studied the scrolls.

"I see the library had changed quite a bit," Darkstalker said. Peacemaker guessed Darkstalker was remembering when he was here. Wait a minute, Peacemaker thought. If Darks had been here, then the earliest he could be would be the beginning days of the school. Since I never heard of him and Darks never knew I existed then I had to hatch right after him. Peacemaker shuddered. He was five years old, and the school was kept around for about the same time. Interesting how his hatching took place right after Darks had been stopped. Coincidence? Peacemaker guessed. If he was an animus, could he have done something to make sure he stuck around if he ever were to be killed? Peacemaker didn't want to think about it too much fearing that Moon might be nearby tracking his thoughts like she sometimes did even though Peacemaker wasn't aware of it. However, he still kept thinking about it while mindlessly watching Cliff and Dusky look through the scrolls.

...

It was four days after the incident. Peacemaker was on a tree branch looking down, rather depressed. A conversation started up between him and Darkstalker.

"So wait, you're dead?" Peacemaker asked. Darkstalker nodded,

"I guess so."

"Then how are you here? Are ghosts real? How can I see you?" Peacemaker bombarded him with questions.

"Relax with the questions, please," Darkstalker said. "Honestly I didn't think I could die, I was immortal and-"

"You were IMMORTAL?!" Peacemaker interrupted.

"Hush down, Peace. Someone can hear us," Darkstalker warned. Peacemaker shut himself up pretty quickly, he didn't want dragons to think he was going crazy. Then again, I am a murderer, crazy would make sense, Peacemaker thought.

"If you were immortal then how did you die?" Peacemaker asked. "Do you not remember?" Darkstalker looked down at the ground below him.

"No."