Chapter 18: Discussion with Dusky Till Dusk

"Does this happen usually?" Peacemaker asked Cliff. Sunflower showed them a diner with rounded tables lined up outside. Inside you could grab different types of foods. Most of them were meat-based however there were some fish, fruits, and other things for dragons with varying food preferences. It reminded Peacemaker of the diner in the Sanctuary. They all sat around a large table with cushions on the floor. They were comfortable. Peacemaker sat next to Mink on her left side with Dusky pretty much clinging to Peacemaker by a little. Bumblebee was next to Dusky and Auklet was at the right of Mink. Cliff sat right across from Peacemaker.

"As of the flirtiness? I guess," Cliff answered. "I mean back at the Sky Kingdom there were many times especially this year being five years old when some dragonets my age would try to compliment me a lot or even flirt with me. I mostly just tried adding distance and they mostly took the hint and respectfully backed off a little. This was the only occurrence like...that happening."

"Not surprised," Peacemaker sighed. "A mix of jewelry, good looks, and being a prince would do that to you."

"I-I'm not that good-looking," Cliff doubted. Everyone else paused for a bit, silence filling up the table.

"Um...no, to me you're one of the most handsome dragons," Auklet disagreed.

"I-I can agree with that," Dusky added.

"Yeah you and Peacemaker both if only he showed his Rainwing scales," Mink agreed. Peacemaker almost choked on the piece of the fruit pie he and Dusky ordered from the diner.

"Wait, what Rainwing scales?" Bumblebee questioned.

"Anyways, Cliff, you got two of the quietest dragons in our group or ever in Jade Mountain Academy speaking up and also agreeing with the fact you have good looks. That should say something," Peacemaker observed. Please just forget what Mink also said, Peacemaker prayed.

"That's because we're friends," Cliff said visibly trying to ignore Mink's other comment.

"I'm more confused about the Rainwing scales," Dusky wondered. Dang it. Mink put her talons on her snout realizing what she said. There seemed to be a hint of a blue blush as well.

"Busted," Darkstalker chuckled.

"O-Oh!" Mink hesitated. "Sorry, I mixed up Peacemaker and another friend, they both look-"

"Mink, it's fine, I wanted to show them eventually so why not now," Peacemaker cut Mink off, lending a wing to her. "Guys it's about time I showed you, I kind of was keeping a secret for a while." More than one but at least I can show this one finally.

Peacemaker didn't need to explain he just opened up his wings a little and let the Rainwing scales do the talking instead. He watched Dusky, Bumblebee, and Auklet stare as the star patterns on his wings changed all sorts of colors and his face and body had lines of different colors too.

"You're a hybrid," Dusky observed.

"Yep, NightRain hybrid," Peacemaker nodded. "Before you ask, I mostly hid them simply because of bad experiences in the rainforest. mostly with other Nightwings and rarely but sometimes with Rainwings."

"Wait, Rainwings too?" Mink asked. "I thought you said it was mostly Nightwings?"

"It was," Peacemaker agreed. "However, Nightwings aren't as liked as you think in the rainforest by the Rainwings. There isn't much physical aggression but a lot of fights verbally or in disagreements. Some Rainwings seemed to secretly hate Nightwings which I figured out judging by their facial expressions. Some consider me just a Nightwing and that's it. Though most of them are quite relaxed, doesn't mean all of them."