Chapter 2: New home

(A;N there will be a bit of a timeline in which the story takes place, mostly all of it happening before Charlie opens her Happy/Hazbin Hotel)

---

Imp City suburbs

The walk back to Ruby's home was a quiet one , though they did enjoy the company with each other if you'd ignore the other civilian imps and sinners, giving both of them strange looks. Some were eyeing Ruby and her dress , evil intentions running through their minds, but those thoughts were cut off when they saw who she was with. Lee stood at around 7 feet tall, now that he was dead, and combined with his looks, he definitely looked scary and intimidating to them. Some tried to keep a straight face without the thought of pissing themselves if Lee had ever looked their way. They quickly looked away, trying to mind their own business. Clearly, they were scared of him. They'd rather avert their eyes and keep their mouths shut than to have both sown shut by Lee should they try anything to Ruby.

Lee: so..

He began, trying to break the silent tension. All the attention was starting to make him uneasy. He just needed some time to rest and think things over. I mean, he just woke up in Hell with no memory of how he died, and here he was following the imp lady known as Ruby , who is willing to help him. Lee has definitely got to pay her back in some way.

Ruby: yes?

Lee: I don't wanna sound impatient or anything , but I was wondering how long it's gonna take to reach your home. I don't like the way they look at us , especially at you.

Ruby: don't worry , it's basically the everyday norm here in Hell. Folks here see Hell as an opportunity to divulge in all their sin when they never got to when they were still alive . They never bothered me unless I was at the wrong place at the wrong time , I just get lucky. This may sound funny , but I even pray to God hoping that me and my son are safe before we leave house and when we return home.

Lee's gonna have to make a mental note of that , just in case.

Ruby: so where were you born , what's your background before you died , if you don't mind me asking?

Lee: I grew up in Macon, Georgia. Same place my grandad , grandma and dad grew up in. I don't know what happened to my mother when I was a baby, so I was raised by my dad , aunt , grandad , uncle, and grandma. We owned a local medical store in the community, nice people. I remember this one guy named Doug. He was a wiz with technology , even designed the stores security system.

Ruby: you have a nice family , I bet that Doug was a great guy.

Lee: yeah... Doug is a great guy. Everyone in the community helps each other it's how we live in peace , but my grandad passed away at the age of 71 when I was 10 months old. Dad named me after him.

Ruby: and what was your grandpa's name?

Lee: (smiles under the mask) Lee Everett.