Chapter 9: Regret

We see Lee as he walks down the streets of Imp City , admiring a few places as he went along. Putting a strong emphasis on few since most of the buildings in the surrounding area were quite dilapidated and some having withered away completely. Only broken , rotten support beams remained and even those were in the process of breaking down.

 Only broken , rotten support beams remained and even those were in the process of breaking down

Lee: (I must be walking through the slums as of now).

Lee concluded. Despite the rulers of each ring having so much power , they neglect the needs of their actual subjects , sinners must feel lucky...some anyway. Unless the natural population of Hell were in better parts of the rings and living good lives , Lee highly doubted that. In the Wrath Ring , it's kill or be killed , hunt or be hunted , eat or...you get the idea.

Lee: (my father would have made a better leader than all of them , despite him being a former pirate).

Lee admired his father greatly , he wanted nothing more than to be like him , albeit in his own way. A great leader , a nobleman , a person who helps those in need and defends those who cannot defend themselves. Oh , how he missed his father.
But the most important question that needs to be answered here is , how did Lee die exactly?
All he remembered was making a few deliveries with Doug , and then the next thing he knew , he woke up on a sidewalk.

(*BANG*)

Lee snaps out of his thoughts up at the sudden sound of a gunshot nearby , and of course Lee (being his curious self) went to investigate.

(???): run...run...danger...run...run.

There's that annoying voice again. It's been bothering Lee ever since he woke up in Hell. It's been whispering things to him. Very questionable things such as find , protect , look for , fight , run , heave ho , fight , protect. All of that made no sense to him , just who was telling him all this? However , that's unimportant as of now, someone needed his help.

Ignoring the voice Lee started sprinting towards the danger , not even caring if he would lose his life , just as long as the person he protects lives.
(A;N FORESHADOWING!!!!!)

Coming to a halt when he reached the danger , Lee saw someone on floor. He was slightly beaten and bloody. He looked weak as if he hadn't slept in days.
Lee saw two and very familiar looking faces. Oh , how the two he recognized made his blood boil.

 Oh , how the two he recognized made his blood boil