Information

(A;N I know that this is random and all , but do you remember the ritual that Lee and Chuck did in 'Chapter 13: Murder Family' ? I'm here to explain what it was for and what the objects used were going to do)

Lee's Heart:
The ritual required a heart , beating or not. It does not need the person to be pure of heart or wicked , just so long as there was something to sacrifice.
(A;N Apparently , Lee took his own heart)

Chuck's Blood:
Chuck's blood in the jar was used to transfer it to the children to restructure their being (bones , hair , etc) . As a result , Carrie and Maxwell were cleansed of the blood (biologically) of their parents. This , in turn , made Ralphie and Martha no longer their biological parents or guardians , only Chuck.

The Pictures:
The pictures of the cannibal family were burnt in order to destroy any relation Carrie and Maxwell had with their parents (their memories)

The pictures of Chuck then replaced these memories. This made them believe that they knew Chuck as their uncle their whole lives.

The souls of the people they killed were finally put to rest , where they went , we're not sure. Everyone who knew the cannibal family also had their memories erased except for Ms. Mayberry , because she's dead.

(A;N just thought that this piece of information would help you understand that chapter)