Chapter 3: Hide or Intervene

(A;N now where did I leave off again?
Oh yeah!)

(???): time to pay up , b*tch!

Lee:(what is it now!?Can't I catch a break!?)

Lee quickly but quietly hides behind the door of the spare room as the unknown voice and his associates forcefully enter Ruby's home. Speaking of Ruby.

Ruby's POV:

Today was a quiet day as usual, or at least it was. Usually, AJ and I would just go out to buy baby formulas and groceries , take a stop at the playground, and maybe buy a few snacks for TV night when he falls asleep.
It went a lot more differently this time. Me and AJ just got back from the playground again because he really loves making new friends with the other babies. Since AJ was asleep, I decided to stop at a nearby park under a tree to get some rest and read over the book I purchased ever since AJ was born. The book title read 'How to be a good mother 101'. Surprisingly, it helped me this far. I might as well keep reading it.

I had just gotten to the 21st page that read "Remedies when under the weather," which basically provides advice and information on how to help your child when they are not feeling well. (A;N she and AJ are gonna have their own doctor after all of this , man they're lucky to have Lee.)
While I kept reading, I happened to hear a voice call out and a man approaching me. I thought he was just some sicko or creep stalking me , hoping to get some action. Many have tried it on me, but I always end up lucky. Although he was quite different, usually men would sneak up on me and pin me down , but this stranger's case was different.
As he approached, I noticed how he was a breathing mess, and if things couldn't get any weirder, he wore the outfit of those medieval plague doctors my mother used to tell me stories about.
Then he simply just stopped

What was he thinking? I thought to myself. He stood as still as a stone , unmoving. I just felt like picking up AJ and running away as fast as possible . Still, this stranger stood and looked at me , I went up to him cautiously and slowly waved my hand in front of his face to get his attention. At that moment, he snapped out of his thoughts. I still stood my ground.

He suddenly did something unexpected, he asked me for information on where he was and he asked for directions , NICELY. Nice is a rarely used word here in Hell , if it was even used at all. We don't have many kind imps and sinners here and I've yet to meet such a person.
I filled him in on his situation. He looked so confused , definitely a newcomer. There was a small silence until I heard crying , my baby boy always has these nightmares, and I just couldn't figure out why. I felt like a failure of a mother. I tried rocking AJ back to sleep , but still he cried. That is until this plague pimp said that I should simply sing him to sleep. Singing is not my talent , never has been. The stranger took a step forward, insisting that I should give AJ to him. I held AJ closer to my chest , I didn't want this man to hurt my child , I didn't trust him, and he knew it. He did something unexpected , he showed weakness and bowed.
This plague doctor looking man bowed down and promised he would never do anything to AJ. I then decided to trust him because I could hear the sincerity in his words.