Chapter 8: A job at IMP Part 4

The sunset shone over Imp City , finally marking the end of another day. Marking the end of Lee's first day at IMP as well , if you call taking stock a job.
He had just finished marking off the list of things he would need to do his job.

Lee: medical tools , X-ray machines , medicines. Need more books on anatomy and psychiatry. Dentistry tools (eugh) , cleaner sheets and mattress , cleaning materials , need new window frames and glass. The rusted cabinet needs to be replaced ,  the floor needs repairing and cleaning. Walls need a new coat of primer and paint. The lights need changing (solar power could be of great use). Heart monitors , ventilators , defibrillators , a new sink , and anesthesia are also needed.

Lee paces around the room , inspecting every crack and crevice. Because goddamn , it was a long list of things.

Lee: can't forget sweets , small fun activities and a few toys for the children (don't want my clients getting scared of me). Leftover blood stains need to be cleaned off , and the room needs to be properly sterilized. A much more welcoming atmosphere is to be required instead of looking like a mini morgue.
Finally , brightly coloured flowers could liven the atmosphere. That seems to be all...

(*knock*)(*knock*)

Lee turns his attention towards the door , curious as to who knocked.

Lee: you may come in.

The door opens , revealing Millie with a purse in hand.

Millie: heya Lee , sorry to bother you. I just came to check up on you after the whole y'know , arrow thing.

Lee shrugs.

Lee: water under the bridge Millie. I know fully well it was an accident.

Millie: oh , well that's good...say uhh.

Lee: yes?

Millie: do need some more time at the company ,  because me , Mox and Blitzo kinda have to get goin.

Lee: did Blitzo leave?

Millie shakes her head at this.

Millie: not yet , he's waiting outside in the van. Since me and Mox don't have a car , Blitzo would often drop us off at our apartment.

Lee walks towards the window and sees the sun already setting , how long has he been walking around and taking note of everything.

Lee: it's sunset already?

Lee asks as Millie nods.

Millie: I bet you must've been hella busy if you didn't notice the sun going down.

Lee chuckles.

Lee: a true fact there , Millie. (*inhales*)(*exhales*) alright then , let's get going.

With that said both of them left , but not before locking up the office and started walking until they reached the entrance , exiting the building.
Blitzo could be seen tapping his foot impatiently , clearly he had been waiting a good while.

Blitzo: thank Satan you both finally decided to arrive! I was starting to think you would never show , what went wrong (*smiles*) got stuck in the crapper , Lee?

Blitzo says jokingly as he turns his attention to Lee.

(A;N just imagine Lee as Jameson and Blitzo as Peter down below).

Lee: