Chapter 10: A fated encounter

Lee looked down at his hands and the ground where a person once lay , the person he himself had "killed". Lee couldn't do anything but stand up , his heart grew heavy.
There was only one thing he felt in that moment that would cause this amount of emotional pain , a certain sadness...regret...

Lee:...find your way...

Lee's lenses started to dim , the red light slowly disappearing. He did not want things to go this way , not at all. He got this from his mother , always trying to be pacifistic in these types of situations , not really one for violence. However , this is Hell , and Lee needed to know its way of life. He just frowned and sighed. Best to leave the thought alone for now , he had more pressing matters to attend to.

(???): man (*grunts*) yep , definitely gonna feel that in the morning.

Lee turned his attention towards the voice...that country voice. The cat demon slowly approaches Lee.

(???): I thank you for that (*spits out blood*). You made my job a helluva lot easier.

Lee: (*nods*) you're welcome. What are you going to do with him?

Lee says as he points at Jimmy , who had been beaten and tied up , courtesy of...

(???): oughta report him to my boss (*looks at Jimmy and frowns*) , just wait until he hears about you.(*looks back at Lee*) Say where's the other guy? Pretty sure there were two of 'em.

Lee: into the wind , I'm afraid.

Lee shrugs as he lied.

(???): darn , well , no use complaining about it right now. If you happen to see him , be sure to give me a call.

Lee: I have no phone.

Lee stated bluntly, the cat demon just looks down.

(???): well , sh*t...anyway , the names
Zach Dunbar.

The cat demon , now known as Zach Dunbar , extends his hand towards Lee for a handshake. Lee returns the kind gesture.

Lee: good to meet you , Mr Dunbar. My name is Lee , just Lee.

Lee introduces himself as he and Zach break away from the handshake.

Zach: (*chuckles*) no need for formalities , I ain't that old yet.

Zach says as he waves his free hand dismissively. He turns his head to look at the setting sun.

Zach: guess I better get going then , otherwise my boss will give me another earful. See ya around Lee and stay safe.

Zach says as he gives a two finger solute and leaves , dragging Jimmy on the ground in tow , literally. Buuuuuut not before putting on his hat which had been knocked off of him earlier.

Lee: ...that could've gone better.

Lee says and turns around to take one last look at the dark spot on the ground where he held Aston. A frown still on his face , the regret still lingered a while longer. He decided it's best to just let it go for now , no use on dwelling on the past. With that all said and done , Lee began his walk back to Ruby.

Lee: (why? Just why was I sent here? To kill people? What does God think of me?)

Lee began to think , not paying attention to where he walked.

Lee: (as I far as I remember , I was just doing regular deliveries until...a factory...all I remember is a factory of some sort. But what does it mean?)