Memory Chapter 2: 7 days before the incident

(A;N told you I was gonna do another memory chapter🙃)

---

It was high noon on a Monday. The calming sound of the sea could be heard. The camera pans inward on the horizon as the silhouette of a boat could be seen resting on the ocean water.

 The camera pans inward on the horizon as the silhouette of a boat could be seen resting on the ocean water

The scene then shifts to Kenny pulling up the load he just caught. Kenny was a local commercial fisherman, almost always out to catch game. He would often hunt for snapper fish and yellow fin , but in the summers , he'd take tours down and sailfish with his wife and son , Katjaa and Duck(Kenny jnr) just to relax.

Today however, was different. Ever since Kenny heard that Lee's mother had passed away , his been trying to cheer him up with a bit of good old fishing. Honestly , it saddened Kenny. When it comes to the day when you finally get to meet your mother who you haven't seen in a very , very long time. It makes some people very happy , but for Lee however , it was different. That strong feeling of happiness was instantly ripped away from him from the moment when he saw his mothers bloodied corpse , heck he didn't even get a chance to say his goodbyes before she died. All he was met with was silence , heartbreak , sadness , shock , basically every negative emotion and feeling struck Lee all at once. Even Lee's father was there and boy, oh boy, was he beyond pissed , but then again even the word pissed wouldn't account for how his father felt that day , though that's all the information Kenny had heard from him and Lee , the authorities didn't want to give insight on what had happened and just booked it as a murder case. Clearly he wasn't in the mood for talking , both of them weren't. So that's why Kenny's currently out fishing. He thought he could cheer Lee up a bit in hopes that he could forget that traumatic experience. That wouldn't really help with the memory that still resides in Lee's head , the kid has photographic memory for crying out loud. He highly doubted it would help , but it would at least help Lee cope with the sadness and grieving.

Speaking of Lee. Kenny had finished hauling in the load , schools of fishes were caught in the net. He turns he's head towards Lee who was currently sitting on the edge of the boat while looking out at the sea. Kenny walks to the edge of the boat and proceeds to sit down with him.

Kenny: hey bud , how're you holding up. Weather sure is warm today and the oceans very calm.

Lee still stares at the ocean , the very faint smile still adorning his face.

Lee: yeah, I'm fine uncle Ken. Still surprising that the weather's calm today (given everything that's happened)

Kenny knew that he was lying about how he felt , but it was best to keep the conversation going.

Kenny: I know you're not fine, Lee. I can't say or do much to cheer you up , but...i want you to know that I'm here for you

Lee: thanks Uncle Ken , I appreciate it.

Kenny: so , how was it in Macon while I was away with my family?

Lee: pretty quiet , not much has been going on really , but for some reason my dad started to train even harder after he got back home. He looked slightly banged up , and I swear I saw a hand print on his torso. Though that factory being built in Savannah on the other hand , is a little worrying to me.