Chapter 12: The Pilot

Lee's POV:

It's been well over a year since I've worked at IMP , and so far , business has been steady. Clementine recovered well , though not fully , psychologically speaking.

Loona , who is Blitzø's daughter apparently , and I got..."well acquainted," to say the least , and that's putting it lightly. When we first met , she might have attempted to maul and maim me. Teeth on full didplay , growling , fur puffing up , claws becoming razor sharp and of course her wolf like nature.

Key word being attempted as she was not skillful enough to beat me , thank God my father taught me weaponless combat. I had heard from Moxxie and Blitzø that she tends to get feral at the mention of the word doctor , past traumas maybe I had thought to myself.

Obviously , she wasn't very trusting of me , and she wouldn't just suddenly welcome me. It took some time for us to get used to each other , though her hangovers were an entirely different story. However , not all things go as expected. During the year , I had told and informed Ruby of my occupation now , clearly she was upset about the idea of me "killing" others for monetary gain.

We had a short argument , and after that , she hadn't talked to me in months. After some time , I apologized to her about the whole situation and tried to explain that I was doing this to help her , Clementine , and AJ. Though , even with my good intentions , it still had its consequences. It took a lot , and I mean a LOT of convincing. In the end , she made me make a very big promise that I'd not harm the innocent nor kill anyone.

That was...no...it is a big promise to keep. With that in mind , I asked Blitzø if i could just be the one man clean-up crew in this business. I simply cover up all tracks and erase all evidence that we were in the human world during contracts. That's the hardest part of the job since I'm a medical doctor , not a chemist , but one makes due with what he has.

Speaking of occupations , today was another day at IMP headquarters, I looked out the window of my not even half completed office. Yes , you heard right , i was only finished with an 10th of it. With the slow income of money , fixing my office took longer than expected, and if this keeps up , it will take me probably 2 more years to fix it up , give or take a few months.

I was covered up on medical tools , however. Right now I stood at my window , enjoying the view...if you call a stretch of red skies and red and gray city architecture a view. Not much to see other than people feeding off of each other to survive or gain something , metaphorically , emotionally and literally speaking.

With a tired sigh...scratch that , I forgot to mention I no longer feel fatigue.
I entered the next room , a meeting room to be exact , where Blitzø was getting ready to talk about the company.
I sat down next to Millie since it was the only chair that wasn't next to Loona. I may have invulnerability , but that doesn't mean I'm immune to excruciating pain. I thought about that last bit as I stared at Moxxie. I'm glad the mask did me a favor. Though I'm starting to think that I should just let it go.

---

Blitzø: alright. Now , I know business has been... a bit slow lately, yes. It's no one's fault , okay? I'm not naming any names here... (*looks at Moxxie*) Moxxie.

Moxxie just gives him the signature "what the f*ck", look in response.

Blitzø: now , does anyone have... any bright ideas on how we can get business drummin' up again?

Millie: (*eyes sparkling*) What about a car wash?

Blitzø: this is Hell, Millie. No one cares about cars being clean here, okay? (*thinks for a second*) Wh- Ooh! What about a billboard?