Memory Chapter 1: 8 days before the incident

Location: Savannah , Georgia

The camera slowly scrolls over the town, giving us a nice clear view of the scenery and blue sky as the sun shines high up in the air , it was high noon at the time.

The camera then cuts to the interior of a garage and we see a figure working on his car. Palms all filthy and beads of sweat rolling down his forehead, not to mention the armpits , and his shirt covered in old motor oil and grime.
He had a grey beard sporting a few white strands of hair here and there and wore a red baseball cap , a pair of blue jeans tucked into his black boots and a handmade beaded necklace around his neck.

He continues to work diligently , until he was interrupted by a knock at the garage door. The man then stands up straight to see where that knocking came from only to see a kid in his late teens standing in the front of the garage.

 The man then stands up straight to see where that knocking came from only to see a kid in his late teens standing in the front of the garage

Kenny: hehe , someone oughta be a sh*tbird. Hehehe , well if ain't Ben Paul as I live and breathe. How're you holdin up kid , ya been doin good lately.

Kenny laughs as he proceeds to approach Ben and gives a greeting hug and then breaks apart as Ben does the same.

Ben: yeah I'm doing good thanks for asking, Uncle Ken , just finished helping out Duck with his missing action figure mystery (*snickers slightly*) . No doubt he hid it on purpose just to act like Batman. Never thought I'd be playing Robin though , considering y'know , his name being Duck and all.

Kenny turns and walks to a table with blueprints on it.

Kenny: yep , Duck will be Duck , though I do wish Katjaa agreed to call him Ken jnr , but that's what I love about my son , his weirdness sets him apart from the rest. Speaking of helping out , why are a you here again?

Kenny turns his head to look at Ben after asking his question. Ben proceeds to smack his forehead after he realizes he got distracted from his task.

Ben: oh yeah , I nearly forgot.

He pulls out a small package from his hoodie pocket.

Ben: Aunt Lily asked if I could deliver this to you. Y'know for Aunt Katjaa.

Kenny smiles

Kenny: ahhh , so you became an errand boy now , huh kid?

Ben shrugs his shoulders with a smile.

Ben: hey , guys gotta help his parents out somehow. I don't wanna end up sleeping in their basement. The small jobs are hard , but they pay well.

Kenny: finally grew some backbone haventcha.(*chuckles *)

Kenny said and chuckled out as he wrote down lines and plans on the blueprint.

Ben: hey! I've got backbone...you...just can't see it.

Ben weakly replies as he couldn't think of a comeback. Kenny laughs and ruffles Ben's hair.

Kenny: I'm just messing with ya kid. Tell Lily I said hi , oh and here , for your troubles , clearly you earned a raise.

Kenny tosses Ben 3 dollars as Ben catches it.

Kenny: don't spend it all in one place now, ya hear.

Ben nods and put's the money in his pocket.

Ben: I won't. Thanks again uncle Ken. I've gotta go now, Aunt Lily's expecting me to report back before 4:00 pm.

Ben walks out of the garage getting into a sprint position , but stops to hear Kenny say goodbye to him.

Kenny: it was good seeing ya Ben , safety be with ya!

Kenny yells loud enough for Ben to hear.

Ben: I will , I hope aunt Katjaa gets better!

Ben then breaks into a sprint.

Kenny: I'll hold you onto that!(smiles)

Kenny shouts back after waving his hand while Ben waved the back of his hand towards Kenny. Kenny walks back into his garage and back to his blueprints , humming in a peaceful manner as he admires his work.

Timeskip

Kenny: yeah , yeah , this could work. Just needs another engine part. That can wait for tomorrow though , it's time for some R&R.

He looks outside as he notices the sun going down.

Kenny: I've been working for that long? You really gotta work on your time more , Kenny.

Kenny yawns as he stretches his arms. Clearly working on his car tired him out. Old bones are kicking in hard.

Kenny: (still I wonder. How is Lee dealing with the loss of his mom? Poor kid , I should really pay him a visit next time. Bright'n up his mood).

(A;N for now , that's where I'm gonna end this chapter. I'm planning on doing more chapters like these until we get to the last day. This gives you insight on what was happening before Lee jnr died. I'll be breaking it up into separate chapters , and I know you'll connect the dots)

With that being said.

PEACE!!!!