8: Finding out

I woke up this morning feeling a little more apprehensive. I don't know why. Maybe because my toothpaste fell off my toothbrush when i tried to brush my teeth. Or because my toast got burnt quicker than usual.

Or maybe it was when all the boxes fell during my shift at howdy's. I couldn't put them on the shelf without it toppling over. Irritating me to no end.

I tried to shrug it off but even i couldn't set the feeling down to rest. So, after work i went home and decided a walk was needed to calm my nerves.

Today was a little chilly. So, i put on a white and soft oversized sweater. It has small flower details. Jeans with bell-bottoms and white sneakers with a red heart on the bottom of them. My (H/L) hair was put back with a small heart clip on the back.

Not bad for a show where rainbows threw up.

I walked outside and felt the chill breeze ruffle my hair. Starting down the path, I thought about wally. How he basically roped me in a acting part in the talent show. Which we start practicing for tomorrow afternoon.

Yet, that wasn't what was on my mind. I've been thinking about my time here. How i arrived and every strange interaction I've had. Poppy, Wally, Sally.

Clearly, Wally is the main character but is he supposed to be around so much? Especially around me. I have a strong feeling he knows a lot more than what he's trying to show.

Yet, Once again my brain is racking itself to death. I'm missing something. Something vital. Something i know about this place.

I retained so much information on sleepless nights that i forgot a lot. For example, Wally eats with his eyes.

He knows something. Wally, Acting strange. Well, Stranger than what I would call normal here.

I bet he knows i don't belong here. I need to ask him.

"Why, What a wonderful surprise. Taking a walk, My dear?" A soothing voice can be heard behind me and i turn to see wally standing there. Wearing a rainbow fluffy sweater with a red collar and buttons. Dark blue pants with white shoes to match. His belt was brown with a apple shaped buckle and i couldn't but find amusement in that.

His hair combed up perfectly like always.

"Yes. I am. You look nice today." I comment and he smiles warmly.

"Thank you, Neighbor. May i join you?"

I nod and he steps beside me. His sweet scent fills the air and my cheeks turn slightly red by how close he is. We begin to walk aimlessly together.

My mind starts to race.

How do I even ask? Will he act like I'm crazy? He can be terrifying sometimes....

"Wally..." I softly call his name and he hums in acknowledgement.

I hesitate...

How do you even say to someone. Hey im not supposed to be here. You're a puppet. In a show! Get me out of here!

"You know," He shakes me away from my thoughts.

"My life has gotten so much more exciting ever since you appeared." He says as he keeps looking ahead.

I don't say anything. Getting a little restless, A sigh escapes my lips.

"I don't belong here, Wally" I say slowly. He stops walking and all i see is his back.

He turns and smiles at me.

"Of course you do! Everyone loves you already. You're a perfect addition to our neighborhood. I'm glad you moved in." He says and i shake my head in frustration.