14. The Program

I never was one for dressing up. Don't get me wrong, It's not that i don't like it. I just never had a reason to wear a special dress or outfit.

So shopping for it was exhausting because i have no idea what the date entails.

"What about this bright yellow one?" Julie asks as she holds a short yellow sundress.

I shake my head no, Yellow is pretty but not my go to.

Walking around the racks, I start to think about my heart.

Now, After last night, My heart beats faster just from the mere thought of wally. My brain turned off and my heart took reign but I feel like I'll regret it.

"Find anything?" Julie asks across the isle and i say no.

The section was huge, Who knew howdy had a clothes part of the store.

"I've never seen you in a dress." Julie says as she twirls with a green dress in her hands.

"I've never actually thought about wearing one, Until now." I admit and her smile widens.

"Let's start!" She pulls me to a dressing room with a bunch of dresses.

Oh, this is gonna be hell.

~

"Wasn't that fun?" She says and i scoff.

"I suppose, But that last one made me look like a balloon." I say and she giggles.

"That's why I made you wear it!" She admits and i glare at her but a smile breaks out on my face as i laugh with her.

"So, We have the dress. The shoes. How about jewelry?" She asks.

"I have a few pieces that will work." I say.

Looking down at my watch, I notice it's 4pm already and my heart skips a beat.

I have four hours before wally picks me up.

"It's 4pm..." I say and Julie nods.

"Looks like we need backup!"

"Wait, What do you me- AH!" I was interrupted by Julie grabbing my hand and running towards my home. I almost trip with the bag in my hand and we push through the door.

She dashed to my phone and dialed a few numbers.

Soon my front door bursted open with Poppy, Sally and BARNABY???

"Alright! Let's get this show on the road!" Sally says as she comes near me with a big makeup case.

"Oh! This is so exciting!" Poppy exclaims as she sets down some hair materials.

"Barnaby?" I look at him and he laughs.

"Wally's my best friend. This is a huge milestone for him and i want to help! Now what are we working with??" He looks at me and i huff.

"Alright, You fairy godmother."

Julie skips near us and claps her hands.

"We have 4 hours to get this right! Let's start working people!"

Soon, I was dragged into the bathroom and all i could remember was the smell of hair products and Barnaby snappy comments on how it isn't quite right.

Lord, What did i do to deserve this.

Wally's p.o.v

I nervously look at the clock. Almost 4 hours until i have to pick up (y/n). If i have to be honest, I'm freaking out inside.