32: Flame Thrower

The sun was gone and the moon illuminates the town.

Everyone was at home, Probably really tired out from today's errands.

The town was decorated with beautiful balloons and streamers. Lots of tables and chairs and even a stage was propped up with lights.

There was a huge vacant spot. Probably where the rides will go.

I wasn't wearing my bright green dress. This time I was wearing black bell bottoms. A green sweater with pink butterflies and normal white sneakers.

My hair tied up and I trek through the paths.

Moving towards julie home and I see she's still awake. Knocking three times, She opens the door and she smiles.

"(Y/n)? What a nice surprise! What brings you here?" She asks and I smile at her.

"I was wondering if you can come over... I need help picking an outfit for tomorrow..." I give her a sheepish smile and she perks up.

"Of course!" She shuts her door and follows me and I smirk at how simple it was.

"Wally says hes excited for tomorrow! I'm sure you're too. Its your first time right? Oh you'll love it!" She rambles and I just keep walking.

"I was actually thinking about asking wally to be my partner in one of the games as he is pretty good at some of them! Oh but never as good as me!" She giggles and I just walk towards my door.

Opening it and she walks in. The home was lit up and warm. Cozy.

That's new.

"You have been getting close to him lately...." I comment and she looks at me but quickly looks away embarrassed.

"I-I guess...." She plays with her hair and I raise an eyebrow at her.

Something wasn't right.

"What's with the nervousness?" I ask and she doesn't look at me. She almost looks guilty.

"Its nothing.... I was just...." Her voice falters and my eyes flash with slight irritation.

Dont tell me....

"Do you.... like wally?" I whisper and she jumps. Her eyes widen and shakes her head.

"No! ..... well..." Her eyes look around the room nervously and I gasp.

"Okay! Yes but no. It's a silly.... crush! I've had it since after you arrived to the neighborhood and... I've seen how he likes you so I backed away." She admits and i don't say anything.

Something... feels off.

"I'm sorry. It's silly but I can't help it. I never felt what a crush is before!" She sits down.

"I never really felt a lot of things until you arrived.... its weird." She mutters and I hear home say something.

She really has it bad.

"I dont exactly know what to do." She mutters and my eyes narrow.

"So going after him when I'm not around is what you did?" I ask and she freezes but doesn't look up. Her eyes stayed on the ground.

The house dimmed and I sigh.

"You really have forgotten your place julie." I mumble as the dark pit inside me comes alive.

"W-what?" She looks at me surprised. I take a step towards her.

"Is this what you meant by being best friends.... julie?" I ask and she shakes her head.