21: Wally's Birthday

Walking into the living room, I see wally sitting on the couch. Flipping through the channels on my box tv, He settles on an old romantic movie and i sit down beside him. He looks down at the box with curious eyes.

"I know.... You don't think you deserve to celebrate a birthday you were never given but i believe you deserve to look special on a day like this..." I speak softly to him and hand him the box. He hesitates but takes the box and sets it down on his lap.

"Nice wrapping." He chuckles and i blush.

He pulls the ribbon making it go undone. Setting that aside, He opens the box and takes out his gift.

A dark green coat with matching pants. The coat has little apples on the sleeves. Some red dress shoes and a simple light red button up shirt.

His eyes glowed in happiness.

"It's wonderful.... Apples huh?" he says And i burst out laughing.

"It's silly. I know, But can you blame me. Besides...." i turn pink.

"You look handsome in anything you wear.." He blushes at me.

"Go put it on!" I shoo him off the couch and he gets up, Walking towards the bathroom.

Soon he comes out in his new clothes and my heart stops beating.

"How do you look good in anything?" I say breathless. He looks over at me with a small smile.

"You didn't have to do this..." He says and i get up. Walking to him. I hold his face in my hands and i look into his deep eyes.

"You deserve this and more, My darling" His eyes widen. He looked speechless.

"(Y/n), I think...... I lo-"

The clock in my living room chimes loud and we both jump.

"That's strange, It never rings...." I mumble and wally clears his throat.

"Thank you." Wally says and we step apart from eachother. Yet, I couldn't help but think he wanted to say more.

~

"It's evening already..." I mumble as i look at wally.

He's currently playing some of my records and saying how he doesn't have the majority of the ones i have.

My phone rings and i excuse myself as i go pick it up.

"Hello?"

"It's Julie! The party is all set up. We'll be waiting for you guys in the small opening in the woods near howdy's store." Julie says and i tell her we'll be right there before hanging up.

Walking back to wally, I stop the record that's playing.

"Let's go for a walk." I suggest and he smiles at me.

"Alright, Whatever you wish my love." He says and we walk out of my house.

I take his hand this time and he looks surprised.

"Have you always been into art?" I ask trying to act casual.

"I believe so. It's always been something that soothes me. Escaping my current life for another...." He explains and i nod.

"That's how i feel about books and art as well." I mumble as i lead him near howdy's store.

"Where are we going?" He asks as we come closer to the clearing of the woods.

"You'll see."

We continue to walk past some trees until i see colorful balloons. Everyone seems to be hiding. I step aside and let wally walk further in.