35. Field Day, Part 3

(Y/n)'s Pov

I wince as Julie pulls my wrist hard. The bruises on my wrist and wounds are screaming but I can't show how much pain I'm in.

My whole body wants to shut down but I know I can't let it. I would bandage my wounds but home said as further punishment, I must hide but keep them how they are as reminder.

Not to mention how sick I feel.

I look back to see wally following us and I sigh. Hoping this night is over soon.

As much as I want to be with wally, I just need to lock myself up in my home and heal. Relearn the rules and heal. That's the only way I can keep wally safe.

My eyes look over to where Julie was pulling me and my eyes widen.

Big amusement park rides are set out with their lights shining. The sky was beginning to dim which makes the lights all the more bright.

"Isn't it wonderful? We should get on a ride!" Her high pitched voice somehow got even more higher.

"I-" Before I could even say anything, Julie glances at wally and quickly pulls me towards a ride.

I can't tell you what happened because everything was blur. Maybe my brain is shutting down from the tiredness. Exhaustion.

Or maybe, I was falling in and out of consciousness but all I know is, Julie was pulling me on every ride while wally was just there. He was smiling but it was more like his regular fixed smile.

Soon, We were stepping off a ride when wally got in-between me and Julie.

"Julie, I'm going to get on a ride with (y/n). Just me and her." He says but Julie starts to protest. Wally's eyes catches hers and she freezes.

"That wasn't me asking." His voice was hard and she freezes. She looked conflicted, She looks over at me but wally shifts and blocks her view of me.

"Why don't you go and find frank." Wally didn't suggest, He commanded and Julie didn't say anything. Just steps back and walks off like nothing.

Wally's clears his throat and turns to me with a smile.

"Now, Where were we?"

~

"You know, I never been on one of these..." I mutter as I look out the window.

Currently, Sitting in a capsule on the giant ferris wheel.

I look over at wally and he stares right at me. Almost like he's studying me. His whole demeanor was off, This new side of him is startling but who am I to question.

His eyes are piercing right through me and I shudder.

"A-are you alright?" I ask and he doesn't respond. Instead, his gaze shifts towards the sky as the capsule moves slowly up. The neighborhood looks small and almost cartoon-ish from the lights and colors.

He was quiet for a few moments but breaks it.

"Why has your style changed so drastically?" He asks.

I didn't answer. How was I supposed to answer that?

"What do you mean?"

"Your style was different. Obviously, Colorful to fit your new environment but...." He looks over to me and scans my body. Suddenly, I felt insecure but how can't I? I'm wearing such ridiculous clothes.

"This is a big change." He speaks so eerily calm that it was making my skin crawl.

"Uh... I guess, This place is influencing me." Not completely a lie.