11. A Gift

(Just wanted to say that, I'll be updating everyday. If not then every two days but when that happens, Two chapters always come out back to back to make up for it. Just wanted to clarify just in case someone likes this book so much they wait for updates. I also take any idea/suggestions! Thank you for all the support! ❤️)

~

"You spend a lot of time with wally." Howdy makes small conversation while i restock the shelves and i chuckle.

"Yeah, He's really been helping me settle in fully." I say simply.

"I haven't seen him this energized in awhile. Even his pompadour has been perfected and i didn't think it would get more perfect." He exclaims and i put the last few items on the shelf and walk to the counter where he's currently putting prices on baskets.

"Yes, I've heard that before. I'm.... Well, I'm glad i bring that out of him." I admit as a blush tints my cheeks.

Howdy looks at me with a knowing look.

"I see. Well! You're done for the day. Thank you for coming in." He says and i yawn. I woke up at 7 to leave the sleepover and go home to get ready for work and i left at 9.

I look down at my watch which i now wear because the only places I've seen a clock around here is in the middle of the neighborhood and Wally's home. Which was strange enough.

11:45.... Almost time for wally to pick me up from my home.

I sigh and look at the baskets howdy was pricing. They were different colors with ribbons on the handle.

Suddenly, I had an idea.

I took a basket that was blue. Yellow and red ribbons decorated the handles. Running to the fruit isle, I filled it with apples. Next, I walk to the art supplies and pick up an expensive set of paints. Well, As expensive as it can get here.

Walking towards the cash register, I spot a deep red, Hardcover sketchbook. I set the basket down and pick the book up. The pages were pure white with thick rich paper. A silk black bookmark was attached to it.

"I see you noticed our new arrivals." Howdy says as he walks by.

"It's beautiful." I examine it and he nods.

"That one is one of a kind actually. You can even have the outer spine personalized! It's basically waterproof and not easy to tear. Compatible with any art medium. It truly is an interesting book" He says and i look at him.

"Can I get it personalized?"

He smiles and holds his hands out. I place it in his hands and he walks towards the back.

"What would you like to write on the spine?" He yells and i blush.

"I... Um.... Wally's full name in gold." I say shyly and i can hear him start working on it.

I wait patiently and he walks out. Handing me the book, I look at the spine and engraved neatly in gold lettering, Was Wally's full name. I nod and put it neatly in his basket. Setting it on the counter, Howdy starts to charge.

He tells me the amount and whistles at the big number.

"He must be pretty special if you're paying this much!" I look away embarrassed. Taking out the money, I hand him it and he chuckles.