26. First Lesson

(TW: Description of Abuse)

I walk inside my home tired by all the fun I had at the beach. Setting my bag down, I walk to my bathroom to take a shower.

After the water starts to run down my body, I rinse off all the salt and sand. Which seems to be everywhere and I mean everywhere.

Soon, I wrap a towel around me and start to walk towards my room. Slipping on my nightgown, I flop on my soft bed and my eyes start to close. Sending me in a deep sleep.

~

DING DING DING

"AHHH!" I rolled and fell off the bed in a heap of blankets.

"That clock never rings." I mutter as I untangle myself from the blankets and pillows. Setting them back on the bed, I walk towards the grandfather clock that was in the living room.

The hands pointing to 8am.

"Now, why are you dinging this early?" I rub sleep from my eyes.

Good morning, (Y/n).

I freeze, That voice.... It had an eerie feel to it.

"Uh, Who said that?" I look around as my anxiety spikes up.

It's home.

"I can understand you now? .... Aren't you supposed to be Wally's home?" I ask.

I still am, This house is another attachment of me. Now that you're fully settled in to this neighborhood, You will have a role to play and that means I'll help you.

"Since when have you become attached to this home??" I look at the clock and the lights turn on in the living room making me jump.

After your date with Wally. I started the process.

Their voice was calm but that didn't help my nerves.

"My.... role?" I whisper and the home suddenly feels heavier.

Everyone in this town has a role. It keeps this neighborhood in one piece. Yours is simple.

I walk towards the kitchen to get a glass of water but the floor boards begin to move.

"Woah!" I almost topple over as the boards slide me towards the couch.

I wasn't done talking.

I slip and fall on the couch.

Now, Where was I? Oh, Yes. You're Wally's partner. Isn't that nice? You're a painter just like him but you're special because you have the talent of always keeping everyone together! A big heart and a helping hand.

"Now, wait a damn minute!" I yell, Irritated at home.

"I'm not going to act like your puppet." I announce.

You don't have a choice in this.

I scoff and get up.

"Or what?"

The windows shut in a snap. The lights dimmed as the walls began to drip dark liquid. Suddenly the room started to feel lifeless.

"That liquid.... That was in my room on Wally's birthday!"