19. Planning

(f/d) = favorite dish

"HE KISSED YOU?" I held the phone at arms length, Which still doesn't seem far enough.

Julie can be heard squealing like a highschool girl on the other end.

"I didn't know THE Wally Darling would ever kiss someone!" Julie shrieks and i laugh.

"Alright, Calm down. If I'm being honest, Me neither." I think back to our first kiss and my heart feels like it stopped beating.

"How was it?"

"Everything they describe in books.." I say as i relive that night in my memory.

"How amazing." She says with a dreamy sigh. Then i hear a few shuffles from julies side.

"About Wally's birthday party," She starts.

"I was thinking about having it near the forest. There's this small clearing near howdy's store. We can decorate it and make Wally's favorite foods."

"Apples, Apple's and more Apple's."

She giggles when she hears me.

"We'll have his favorite records on. I'm planning on setting a dance floor. The best part, howdy said we could have a firework show!" Julie is practically bouncing in her seat.

"Sounds like fun. What do you need me to do?" I ask, My mind on wally.

"Poppy and sally are in charge of the food. Howdy and Barnaby are in charge of fireworks. Frank, me and Eddie are in charge of setting everything up. What we need now is someone to distract wally when we start preparing. Can you do that?"

"Of course. When do you plan to start?"

"We'll need to have almost the whole day tomorrow. So, Wally needs to arrive around 7 in the evening." I agree and soon i hang up.

Wally's birthday, I wonder why he never talks about it. Then again, I never asked.

I get up and walk towards my bathroom. Freshening up and clear my thoughts.

~

"Huh...." I mutter as i look through my dresser.

Something seemed off about my clothes. Sure, They are still colorful but some items were missing. Were they always gone to begin with?

I shrug and pick out a lavender sundress with a bow on the back. The sleeves were slightly puffed.

"Not what i normally wear but..." I pull it on. Feeling the cool fabric on my skin.

"Wouldn't hurt to change my style sometimes."

Putting on my black Mary Janes, I let my hair be down. It seems like wally really like my hair down as well.

I was spraying perfume on myself when I hear a knock on the door. My heart leaps as i know it's wally picking me up.

I speed walk to the door, Opening it and seeing wally standing there. His hair was styled back into a pompadour.

"Hello, Neighbor." He says with a teasing smile.

"I don't think, We can ever go back to just neighbors. " I mutter and he leans against the side of the doorway. Looking like a heartbreaker.

"No, I don't think we can. Not that i would ever want that." He says with a knowing smile.

"About lunch," I start. He looks at me interested.

"Why not let me make something for you instead?"

He thinks for a moment then nods, I move to the side. Inviting him inside my home.