18. Pink Invitation

The sun peaks through the curtains in Wally's room, I rub my eyes from sleep and look over. There, Sleeping peacefully was wally. His hair all over the pillow, A small smile on his lips. His arm currently still holding my waist as if im going to leave.

I take a moment to study his face. For once, It's real. I'm sure it is. His soft smile, His face smooth. He didn't harbor any pain or confliction like he usually does.

Looking adorable was an understatement. If i could stare at him sleep, Watch his slow breathing until the end of time. I would, Without a second thought.

I raise my hand and feel his forehead. The fever has gone down immensely which made me sigh in relief.

I start to caress his face slowly until his eye lids lift up slowly. Blinking slowly, His eyes meeting mines.

"Good morning." I whisper to him.

He doesn't say anything, Just looks at me a certain way.

"Are you alright?" I ask.

"So, This is what peace must feel like...." He mutters, His eyes never leaving mines. A blush spreads across my cheeks.

"I... Well, You must be feeling better..." Getting flustered just by his gaze.

"I am. Thanks to you. I never recoverd so quick before....." He admits, His hold on me getting stronger.

"I wonder if I'll get sick..." I mutter and he looks at me.

"You won't. What i get..... Isn't really contagious like a regular fever. It's more, Of a emotional and mental drainage." He explains and i nod.

His hand lifts up, Brushing a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"If i could.... Make time stop. I would do it just to keep this moment." He mutters and my heart leaps.

"I'm glad you're better now." I whisper.

"We should get up." I suggest and a sigh leaves his lips.

"If we must..."

I get out of bed, Letting wally get up beside me. He walks towards the bathroom, I'm guessing to take a shower.

Walking towards the kitchen, I start to prepare a simple breakfast. Hearing the water running in the shower, I smile for a moment.

Feeling like we live together.

After i finished some simple waffle with cut up fruit, I walk towards the front door. To Wally's mailbox. To my surprise, I see a basket filled with flowers and goodies. Picking it up along with the mail.

I walk inside, Setting down the basket.

Wally strides into the kitchen, Wearing nothing but a towel around his hips and one around his shoulder. Drying his long blue hair.

I freeze and stare, My face turning red.

"Wally! Put something on!" I say as i cover my blushing face. He chuckles softly, Still drying his hair.

"Whatever you want, Darling." He walks off to his room and i let out a breath i was holding in.

It's like he likes seeing me make a fool out of myself......

"I do!" He yells through his bedroom door. I roll my eyes as i try to bring back my composure.

"Yes, i know..." I hear wally say.

He must be talking to home. I can hear home make noises back and i decide to ignore it.

Soon, Wally walks out wearing a white shirt with rainbow suspenders. Light brown pants and rainbow shoes that match the suspenders.

"Always in style, I see." I tell him as i lay a plate of waffles Infront of him. A soft pink blush adorns his cheeks. Sitting down, He looks over at the mail and basket. Picking up the card that came inside, He reads it's contents.

Dear, Wally!

We heard you were unwell and that (y/n) is currently taking care of you. How sweet is that? We just wanted to tell you that we hope you get well soon! Try not to keep (y/n) away from us forever but who can blame you! We hope you enjoy the treats and flowers we picked for you.

Love,
All your Neighbors <3

Wally smiles softly as i blush at their comment.

"How kind." He says as he sets the card down and starts to blink some bites in his food.

"Reminds me," I mutter as my hand goes in my pocket. Taking out the folded pink letter from Julie.

I took a bite out of my waffles and start read the letter.

Dear, (Y/n)

I hope your date with wally went amazing! I've been waiting for this to happen the moment wally almost tripped while walking down the path. He was looking over at your home with so much interest it made me giggle. The reason I've written to you, Is because I'm planning a party with everyone in the neighborhood. Why? Well, I don't think he really cares much for it. As he never makes a big deal about it but it's Wally's birthday soon. Though, I'm sure he probably has told you the date before. I need to meet up with you as soon as you have time! Please, Call me when you can!

With love and Sunshine

Julie Joyful <3

Wally's birthday? He never told me about it.....

"What's that letter you have?" He asks as he pours himself a glass of apple juice. Moving his hair out of his face in the process.

"Julie wants to know how my date went. She wants to call as soon as I can." I reply. Technically, It's true just not the whole truth.

He hums in acknowledgement then looks at me.

"Any plans for today?" He asks. I put the envelope back into my pocket.

"First, I need to call Julie but after that, I don't have anything until the evening because Eddie says he needs to see me at his post office." I reply.

Home makes a few squeaks and wally tilts his head to the side.

"Eddie?" He asks.

"Yes, Must be something important." I get up and pick up the dirty dishes. Walking to the sink to wash them, I feel a hand stopping me from picking up the sponge.

I turn around and see wally towering over me. His sweet scent surrounding me.

"Let me wash them." He says with a smile.

"Oh, No, It's alr-"

"I wasn't asking."

"Oh." I blush and he takes my hand. Moving me away from the sink then places a kiss on my knuckles. His eyes looking up at me, Half lidded.

"You've done enough, My love." He lips moved against my hand as he talked.

"O-oh, Alright." I stutter out and my knees felt weak.

"Go home and call Julie. I'll pick you up for a late lunch then walk you to Eddie's post office. How does that sound?" He says sweetly.

"Sounds g-good..." I breath out and he smirks.

"Be safe on your way back. Thank you for taking care of me."

I nod my head, Speechless. Soon, I found myself walking towards my home.

Wally's going to be the death of me.