16. Back To Default

(Warning, Slight gore and horror.)

"How should we go about it?" I ask home as i change my clothes. Passing by my vanity, I stop and look at myself fully.

My jacket, Of course, Was with (y/n). So, I was just in my plain white button up shirt. My hairstyle which took forever to get right, Was undone. I never really liked my hair down before, But looking at myself in the mirror. Knowing that she took my hair down herself, Told me i look darling. I suddenly can't help but adore it on myself.

Wally, Listen to me.

I snap out of my thoughts.

"R-right. What were you saying?" I asked as i continue to take off my clothes. Changing into my regular ones.

First, Bring him here. Then, We'll go from there.

"Like before." I mutter.

I try to not hurt my friends as much as possible but sometimes they step out of line, Home always tells me that things have to have a certain order to work and it hasn't failed yet.

"Let's get this over with." Walking towards the door, I twist the door knob but it wouldn't budge.

"Home?" I look towards the windows and it's staring at me.

You're at a point in this plan where you can't mess up. Not even once. You do understand?

"Of course. Otherwise...I'll loose her, right?" I ask and home hums in agreement.

You just convince her to stay-

"Even, With the lies I'm telling? She expects me to help her leave... To find a way out...." I look away, Feeling ashamed.

If that's the lie you have to maintain. It's for the best. It'll all be over soon. Just play your part and she'll be yours for as long as you want her.

I sigh and nod my head. Home is right, I can't let her leave. Not when what we have is real.

The door knob begins to move and the door swings open. Walking out into the cold night, I make my way to Barnaby's home.

It was unusually cold, Clouds covered the previously clear sky. My date with (y/n) seems like a warm bubble that was popped and now I'm stuck in the cold dead night. With home by my side once more.

Moving my hair to the side, I sigh and let the breeze hit my face.

Soon, I see Barnaby's home. The lights were off, He's asleep.

Going up to his door, I knock hard. I waited a few seconds and hear heavy foot steps and shuffling. The door swings open and there standing in a night gown and cap was Barnaby.

His eyes half lidded from sleep. Yawning and looking down at me, He mumbles.

"W-Wally. What brings you here so late at night?" He asks and i clear my throat.

"Get dressed. I need you to come to my home." I say simply and he arches an eyebrow.

"O-oh, alright?" He shuts the door and soon he comes out in his regular clothes. Shutting his door, I start walking back to home. He follows close behind.

"Is everything alright? Did the date... Not go well?" He asks and i roll my eyes.

"Why, Did you expect it to end badly?" I ask and he looks confused.

"No, I'm just worried.... Not to mention, (y/n) was second guessing going on the date the whole time she was getting ready..."

I stop walking and turn to him.