37: Sleeping Pills

(Y/n)'s P.o.v

I walk silently beside wally. My hand in his as we walk back to where we had our first date. Such fond memories in my opinion. Not that I have much of those. The silence between us is heavy and I look at him for a moment. His smile was gone, Completely in his thoughts.

Just like me, He's changed. If anything, he's more human now than I am.

Whether that's a good thing or not, I don't know.

We arrive to the cliff and I see the blanket with a basket. He lets go of my hand and gestures to sit. I follow obediently. Sitting on my knees as he does the same.

"This is nice...." I whisper as I look over at the small neighborhood. My eyes glance at my home. The lights were on which meant home was in there.

Wally doesn't respond, instead he hands me apple slices and a sandwich. A small smile graces my lips.

"Tell me everything." He says simply as I take the food from him. My frown drops.

"Is it necessary?" I ask and he gives me a sharp look. Making my freeze. His eyes not blinking as he looks into mines. He looks complete different from the character I met in the beginning.

"I didn't ask." He says simply and I nod. There's no other choice. As much as I want to avoid this conversation. It was too late now. He's seen the bruises.

"I can't say much really.... It all happened so quick.." I mumble as I bite into the sandwich. Wally sits back slightly and speaks up. His face slightly more soft like his usual self.

"Home, Why does home hurt you." He asks calmly and I begin to explain. The rules and my place. Why I changed drastically and why home hurts me when I misbehave. Wally listens intently and I look down at the apple slices. My thoughts filling with memories of when I first arrived.

"I see... And... Has she made you.. hurt others?" Wally asks and I nod.

"Julie but I couldn't get through with it." I mumble.

Silence followed and I can see Wally's eyes grow tired. He looks like he's contemplating something.

Was there something I didn't know?

"This is my fault..." He mutters and my eye brows furrow in confusion but before I could question him. He looks over at me.

"This won't go on. Not as long as I'm here. I promise." He whispers and his fingers reach out to stroke my marks softly. His eyes closing as he breaths in.

"Tonight. You'll leave tonight." He mutters but I grab his hand.

"Tonight? Wally what are you going to do?" I ask worriedly. Placing the food down but wally doesn't even look at my direction anymore. Instead, he stays quiet and I feel myself grow slightly tired.

"Wally. You can't go against home." I explain and wally pulls away from me.

"Who even says I want to leave?" I try to argue but wally still didn't say anything. My eyelids felt heavy but I was ignoring it.

"I'm sorry, I should have let you leave a long time ago." His voice was filled regret and pain.

"B-but... I can't leave... You." I whisper. My body becoming more relaxed.

"You'll be saved from this. I promise it." He doesn't even look at me. Before I could respond, I see tears fall but maybe it could have been my imagination because before I knew it. I lost consciousness.

Wally's p.o.v

I watch as she loses consciousness. Wiping my tears from my face as I breath out. My body shaking. Adding sleeping pills to her food, it was the only way to keep her safe.

Might be the last time she would see me but it's for the best.

I feel my chest tighten at the thought about what I'm about to do but I shake my head.

"It's okay. I promise. You'll be back home when you wake up." I whisper to her. Picking up her head and putting a pillow under it. Then picking up the extra blanket I brought and covered her body with it. A little silly to have her sleeping here but it's far way from home.

Away from harm.

My fingers stroke her hair away as my eyes tear up. This might be the last time I see her face but I know I can't be selfish. I should have sent her home the moment I saw the device. She has a way out but I purposely forgot about it to keep her with me. Even home took advantage of the fact I liked her. That's over, I'll have her home even if it's last thing I do.

"I'm so sorry...." I whisper as I lower my head towards hers. My eyes closing as I take a moment to say my goodbye. Tears slip from my eyes as my heart feels like it's going to shatter at any given moment.

The pain was unexplainable, unlike anything I ever felt before. It's making my body shake. My thoughts umbarable and loud.

I hope she'll understand. Maybe she'll even remember me when she goes back.

Will I even exist? Will she even know how I fell for her?

Will her memories stay? Will I remember her? The future was uncertain. Maybe even the whole neighborhood will cease to exist.

My eyes look at her face. Seeing how she's asleep and I sigh.

As long as she goes back. That's all that matters.

"Please. Remember me." I whisper as I kiss her forehead gently. Letting it linger against her skin before I pull back. My heart beating quick. Getting up, I sigh and turn my back to her. Shaking slightly as I make my way to home.

The sky was dark as the clouds cover the sun. A slight breeze as I make my way towards the villain of this story.

It was now or never.