22: Memory Loss

"Why am i here." Frank sits on a tree stump with a scowl.

I roll my eyes and look down at my watch.

"Because i thought we could have a chat. Can't i invite my wonderful neighbor out?" I say, Trying to stall without looking suspicious.

Frank raised his eyebrow up.

"Usually, You're always with wally. You two have become inseparable and honestly it created a lot of racket." He mumbles the last part. Looking around at the small area i brought him to.

It was a small part of the woods near the river. Though dragging him here wasn't easy. He knows every excuse in the book, But i couldn't give up so easy.

"Even so, I wanted to ask a favor." I say.

Which was partially true. He looks at me and i continue.

"I was wondering if you could let me borrow some of your books about the human brain."

He looks intrigued and sits up.

"Interesting, Why's that?" I smile.

Good, Only a few more minutes and i can leave.

"I always been interested with it's inner workings. Wouldn't hurt to read more upon it."

He nods and folds his arms.

"Alright, I'll pick some out and lend you them when i can." He leans back and i hear someones footsteps.

Eddie walks by, Startling frank.

"Eddie?" A slight pink dusted franks cheeks and i giggle.

"H-Hello frank!" Eddie walks and stands beside me.

"I told (y/n) to bring you here as a favor...." He says shyly and Frank looks confused.

"Why..." He says unsure.

"I want to ask you something important... But before i do that. I have a small surprise for you." Eddie looks at me and i give him an encouraging smile.

He sighs and straightens up, Walking towards a curtain of vines and leaves. He pulls it all aside and let frank look.

"Is this-!" Frank stands up shocked.

Behind the curtain, Was a hidden part of the woods. The sun shines down on bushes and flowers of different kinds but that wasn't what has frank almost fainting.

The whole area was covered in all types of butterflies.

"I found this small spot as i was looking for butterflies for you. I saw a new looking one and chased it down. Leading here...." Eddie says and Frank walks closer.

Wonderment filled his eyes as he hold out a finger. A small blue butterfly lands on his finger and Frank smiles lightly.

"Its... Incredible..." He whispers and Eddie looks a him with a proud smile.

Eddie looks over at me with hopeful eyes.

"Do it now." I mouth the words to him and he nods.

I step back more to give them more privacy. Eddie told me to not leave when he asks because it gives him strength to ask without bailing.

"Frank.... I want to ask you something."

Frank glances at Eddie and nods. Still looking at the butterflies with interest.

"I-i wanted to ask this for awhile now. I just never knew the right words or right time but i can't keep postponing it. Will you... Give me the chance to take you out on a date?" Eddie asks and Frank, Startled by the question, Let the butterfly go.