15. The Date

(Disclaimer!)

The lore in this story is not official. Please don't think it's canon. It's just my take about the whole cartoon and puppet lore which hasn't been officially explained yet.

{The picture i added in the last chapter didn't load so I'm adding it here. Just some artwork of wally with his hair down that i made.}

( When you see this: (f/s) = favorite scent )

~

Looking in the mirror, I made sure my hair was perfect. Was it enough hair spray?

You look fine.

"Alright, but if i come back with my hair down, It's on you." I mutter at home.

It was currently 20 minutes before i need to go knock on (y/n)'s door and i was already a mess.

I heard Barnaby is helping (y/n) get ready... Isn't that odd.

Home spoke out and i stop fixing my tie.

"Barnaby?" I ask.

Yes, I understand the girls but.... Barnaby apparently is helping her change....

My mind imagines Barnaby being in (y/n)'s home. In her bedroom, Before me?

"I'm sure... He means well...." I mutter and home doesn't say anything.

"He's not interested in her." I say.

You sure? He's dressing her up. Apparently he invited himself when he saw Sally walking to her home.

"I.... He's... My best friend..." I try to think calmly but suddenly the house grew more dim.

Maybe....

Home started to talk calmly and i look up.

Maybe, He needs a reminder of how good you're to him. So, He doesn't cross a line.

Homes words repeats in my brain and something clicked.

"You're right. After my date tonight... I'll handle him." I say and home agrees.

"Someone's been a bad dog." I mutter as i fix my cufflinks. A dark feeling taking hold of my heart.

~

"Okay, I can do this..." I mutter as i straighten my dark blue jacket. Currently standing in front of her home.

I clear my throat and knock three times.

I hear shuffling behind the door and it opens up. Smiling brightly was Julie.

"Just in time!" She says and i smile back at her.

"Hello, Julie. I'm here to pick up (y/n)."

"One moment." Julie turns and calls out her name. From the corner of my eye, I see Barnaby leaving her room and my blood feels like it's boiling.

"Coming!" I hear her say and i calm down. I can't be like this Infront of her.

Soon i hear soft footsteps, (y/n) appears in the doorway of her room and walks towards the front door.

My breath leaves my body. She was perfect.

Wearing a (F/c) flowy dress that ended below her knees. The color made her skin look luminous.

The sleeves looked like silk ribbons around her shoulders. A similar ribbon was tied around her waist.

It was simple, But it was perfect.