[15]

His strong fist traveled hard against the door echoing a beat throughout the hall

His strong fist traveled hard against the door echoing a beat throughout the hall. The door shook loose of the hinges with each connection. Mumbling underneath his breath he took a look over his shoulder, because regardless of the fear he left in the city, he still had plenty bold enemies. The turning of locks turned his direction back towards the door.

"Damn, just break it why don't you!"

"What took you so long to open the fucking door?"

"Unlike you Kuddie some people do sleep! Plus, you was suppose to be here hours ago! What happened to taking me shopping?" An arm folded underneath her small perky breast, causing them to sit up further out of the white tank she wore.

"You gone let me in so we can fuck or what?"

Without another word she moved to the side to let him inside her two bedroom apartment. 

"You need to learn how to talk to women Kuddie, I done told you."

"How I 'talk?" Kuddie grabbed her small waist, snatching her over towards him, she was barely 5"4 so his frame towered over hers.

"With no manners whatsoever, you think this is your world," With an eye roll she slightly giggled at him tugging on the edge of her black lace panties.

"It is ain't it?" Kuddie smoothly slid her panties down to her knees and she watched him, "Ain't it?" Staring her directly in the eyes Kuddie pushed space between her thighs and slowly entered his index finger inside of her. Her eyes closed shut with her hands remaining underneath her breast, "Ain't it?"

"Mhmm" she moaned leaning towards his body to keep her balance while biting her lips. Mariah was his indulgence on the regular, he messed around with her because he knew that she was loyal to him, regardless if he was loyal to her. Recently she'd been nagging him about her getting older and possibly wanting to settle down, he respected that. Yet, it went in one ear and out the other because he continued to keep her engaged knowing that she could never fully have him to herself. He also knew that he would have to be the one to walk away because wouldn't.

"You know what to do," her eyes fluttered open and without hesitation she dropped to her knees. Kuddie's eyes went low as he followed her movement, she was now the one sliding down his grey sweat pants.

"I've been waiting all day for this," Mariah whipped out his semi-hard member and rolled her  snake eyes tongue piercing across the tip, Kuddie hissed keeping his eyes glued to the top of her head. She had her hair down just how he liked it, he gripped a handful as she began to ease him slowly into her warm mouth, a familiar place. Mariah was used to his roughness, it was a turn on for her. She squeezed her pierced breast as pushed him to the back of her throat, opening her airway as big as she could before choking.

"Mmm,"Kuddie hummed enjoying the feeling as always. Mariah knew just what he liked, she studied him. 

After their two hour session, Kuddie began putting his clothing back on. Mariah laid drifting to sleep across the queen sized bed they'd just dirtied. "Come lay with me."

"Go to sleep Riah," Kuddie never slept over any woman's crib other than his mother's.

"Lock the door please." Mariah mumbled as her body finally gave in from the workout Kuddie put it through.

Kuddie nodded as he checked his phone for the confirmation that Mesh was outside. He threw the stack of hundreds down on the night stand before shutting off the bedroom light and leaving out. He turned the lock before closing the front door behind him then twisted it a few times to be sure.

The cold wind blew on his face immediately as he stepped outside, he saw his cousin parked right out front. "Fuck!" he rubbed his hands together once he hit the heat inside the truck.

"You done used up all your electrolytes, you shoulda known that cold was going to kick your ass" Mesh laughed as he looked over at his favorite crazy cousin. The same cousin who weeks ago made him stand outside in the cold holding a duffle bag.

"Shut the fuck up and drive man" Kuddie leaned his seat back a bit, but not to far back to where he couldn't see what was going on outside.

"You going to mom's house?"

"That's my mama nigga, and yeah take the long way," Kuddie hated when Mesh looked to his mother as his own, he didn't like the thought of her treating him like another son. It made him feel like she was trying to replace Nate since he and Mesh was around the same age. His thoughts began to drift to days when he use to pick up Nate around the same hours.

***

"See look at this one," Ryan leaned further over to Tyler her phone screen in hand, "It's a four bedroom, three bath. High ceilings and everything." They'd been talking real estate for the past 30 minutes. Ryan mostly, she figured talking about things of the future will help her get over everything that's going on currently. A notification appeared at the top of the phone, another message from Kadeem. Ryan quickly turned the phone back to her and swiped it away. Opening the message:

:So you don't see me texting you?

Tyler cleared his throat gaining her attention back, "Sorry got a message."

"You're fine," There was an awkward silence between the two, so Ryan opened back up her search. Her mind was on Kadeem heavy, wondering if she over exaggerated a bit much. If he still liked her, because she'd gotten used to him getting his way. "How would you want a woman to apologize to you?"

Tyler looked away from he TV confused, "Say what?"

"Say a woman you was dealing with messed up and felt she owed you an apology. How would you like for her to do that?"

"Figuratively?" 

"It was a stupid question, forget it." Ryan decided to just leave it alone, she once again exited her search, figuring she would just talk to Kadeem whenever she saw him again. If there would be a next time.

"I would just want her to say sorry and mean it. That's all. Men are simple, you don't have to buy us anything or give us sex as a peace offering. A real man understands that women can equally make the same mistakes as them and a genuine apology from the heart is enough. For me that is."

Smiling, "Thank you," Ryan nodded.

"Is this about Mr. Dozen Roses?" Ryan looked puzzled for a few seconds trying to understand the nickname, then it registered to her the flowers Kadeem sent to her job.

"Oh!" she giggled, "No. Well yes, kinda." Ryan sighed, "Am I bothering you by talking about this? I know you wasn't planning on staying and-"

"Ryan,"Tyler interrupted, "I enjoy talking to you, you need a listening ear I'm here."

Ryan could feel the genuine comfort Tyler brought, it helped ease her nerves and she liked it. She knew Tyler liked her, a bit more than just on a friendly level but she always respected that he didn't cross any boundaries. His presence made her feel at ease, even more comfortable than Kadeem made her feel. 

"Start from the top, Tyler began to take off his coat.