[20]

*Short chapter* {Sorry, part 2 will be uploaded tonight. Comment please if you're liking the story so far]

Ryan refused to leave the scene with some stranger

Ryan refused to leave the scene with some stranger. Even though the strong 6"4 man that stood above her demanded it. It had been ten minutes & still Kadeem had yet to come to her. Still no cops, no ambulance not even pedestrians. To her none of that made sense, "Is the driver of the truck okay?" If medical attention was needed then she felt someone should've called, she felt her side & realized she didn't have her purse. "Can I use your phone?"

"No, Yo you need to get up shorty so I can get you home."

"I don't know you!" Frustration built in her because she didn't understand why a strange man would assist in taking her home instead of the man she trusted to get her home safe. "Can you just get Kadeem for me? I'm not leaving here with you or anyone else." He mumbled something as he walked away, she watched his back as he walked over towards the scene. Ryan looked at her surroundings, she could see her work building in the distance as they hadn't made it that far down the street. Slowly getting up, she winced at the sharp pain in her shoulder. "Shit," looking over at the scene again, her eyes scanned for Kadeem before she walked away. When she couldn't find him, she figured he could careless about her at the moment.

 When she couldn't find him, she figured he could careless about her at the moment

"Talk nigga!" Kuddie had the warm metal pushed into the open wound. Blood trickling down the front of the gun as he twisted it into the hole he'd just put in his thigh. His screams of agony and pain even had some of Kuddie's men turning their heads at the view.

"Me-Med- ahhh" His words couldn't make it out.

"You got two seconds, before I pull this trigger into your skull." The fragile bodied man exhaled over and over. Trying his best to overcome the pain to speak with hopes that it'll save his life.

"Medusa paid me, I'm just a regular nigga that needed some money" Kuddie pushed the barrel further in out of pure rage that Medusa was able to get that close to him.

"He sent you on a dummy mission,"  Kuddie chuckled, then dropped his head in laughter, "How much he front you?" Out of curiosity he just needed to know.

"I'm not-ahhh please, please!"

"Oh you a begging ass nigga?" Chewy tapped on Kuddie's shoulder, he looked up at him, "What?"

"Let me holla at you a sec'" Kuddie gave Chewy a mean glare.

"Unless you want to be next you better back the fuck up off me," Logic was nowhere in the situation, no matter who it was the only concern Kuddie had was to get answers on what just transpired. For Medusa to know his exact location, meant that he had eyes on him. Which meant that he had a leak in his operation. It all made what his pops said was true, Medusa liked the chase. A slow burn. "Talk." his eyes roamed back to the driver.

"I'm not from here man, I don't know nothing about shit. I was just trying to make some money man that's all."

"You get the money?"

His head shook rapidly, Kuddie laughed again, "So how can a dead nigga get paid?" Kuddie removed the gun quickly causing him to scream out in paid once again. He passed the gun to the man standing beside him because the rest was on them. His eyes darted over towards Chewy who stood near the back end of the truck with a hand around Tiger's neck.

"You better get your fucking hands off him, fuck wrong with Chewy!" Chewy was Kuddie's right hand but Tiger was like his little brother.

"Yeah get your fucking hands off me Biggie Smalls," Chewy let Tiger go.

"I told the lil nigga to watch her, now she gone." Chewy mushed Tiger back into the side of the white truck.

"You gotta be the dumbest motherfucker out here, you don't run me." Tiger spat.

Kuddie ignored them bickering and pushed past them towards where he last saw Ryan, "Fuck!" When Kadeem saw red nothing else around him matter, family, friends, innocent bystanders, nobody. "What all did she see?" That part of his lifestyle he never wanted Ryan or any woman in his life to witness.

"Not much, I had her in a blind spot. She heard the first shot though. I played it off, she was in too much shock to-

Before Chewy could continue Kuddie reached up, landing a fist right in his jaw. Then another, and another. Chewy knew not to fight back. "When I say do something, you fucking do it!"

Even though the pain had subsided a bit, she felt it every time she reached up to knock on the door, it had to be close to eleven o'clock

Even though the pain had subsided a bit, she felt it every time she reached up to knock on the door, it had to be close to eleven o'clock. She'd made it back to the office and just in time to catch Clay and Willy before they left. Willy offered to take her home, out of per spite she said nothing to him the entire way. Though she was curious as to why he ignored her early, she figured it was possible jealousy seeing her with another man. But Willy was married with kids so she felt that would be trifling to think so.

"Hey, Ryan? What are- Are you okay? Come in," Tyler looked confused and frazzled once he opened the door to see Ryan standing there. "Are you hurt?"

"My shoulder, it hurts when I move it. I didn't know where else to go. I don't have my phone or my purse and-"

"Hey, it's okay. Come sit." Tyler grabbed her hand gently and directed her towards his sofa. His place was very warm and smelt of soft cotton. Once Ryan's body planted on the sofa she immediately wanted to take a nap. Without a phone, money, her keys and her other valuables Tyler was the only safe place she could think of. She dreaded telling him the details, especially due to his warning of Kadeem just the other day. It was just a mere accident though, she thought.

"We were headed to get something to eat," Tyler sat on the opposite end of the sofa. Ryan had her legs over his upper half as he sat giving her his full attention. An ice pack was on her now swollen shoulder and a pillow behind her head with her leaned back. "Then the truck came and just hit us out of no where. There was men around, one pulled me out of the car."

"How did you end up here Ryan, hurt. That's not making sense." She liked how concerned Tyler was, he was very attentive.

"I left, Kadeem was so busy focused on the accident. I'm guessing other people were hurt so he was helping out. I saw him moving around. I couldn't wait any longer for the paramedics to arrive so I walked back towards my job. It was chaotic but felt secluded. What a day, what a day. I just wanted something to eat."

"Just relax, I'll get you something to eat."

"Thanks Tyler, thank you," her eyes began to get heavy as she drifted off thinking maybe Tyler was right. Maybe that was a sign to end things with Kadeem before they even started. She was big on signs, and if it wasn't meant to be then it just wasn't meant to be. Plus she had other things on her plate that needed her focus.