[25]

There was no strategy

There was no strategy. In no way, shape, or form did he bring the intentions of manipulation to her doorstep. Never being a man that enjoyed lying he was ready to answer whatever questions roamed through her mind truthfully. Looking to the side he could tell she was in deep thought, possibly thinking about how the man that'd just left her house felt, seeing another man come and take over has to be denouncing on his ego, not that he cared but he knew she did. He was ready for her to speak, but for the past ten minutes they'd sat in silence. Giving him the sign to believe that the ball was in his court. Noticing the fury all over her face, he moved closer to her, making sure that her exposed thigh touched the fabric of his jeans. When she didn't budge, he took that as a sign that'd she missed him just as much as he'd missed her.

Something about Ryan drove him close to crazy as if it wasn't already at it's peak. It was the hidden pieces of her puzzle that he wanted to find out, badly. Good or bad he wanted to know her story, and help her write the rest of it.

"So, are you going to say anything? Her first question, he peered her way. The look of annoyance in her expression was enough to have him feeling some type of way, and him noticing the sling again had him feeling like shit.  Chewy deserved every lick he admitted.

"I'm thinking," with a slouch appearance he glanced at the TV. Unfamiliar with whatever show was on but it was a good distraction.

"Hmph, so you actually do that?" He sat up, hunched over a bit turning her way. With a deep exhale he looked into her big brown eyes with his low ones.

"Watch your mouth," he stated hastily, "I don't disrespect you, don't disrespect me, iight?" She blinked the eye roll away and turned towards the tv without answering. Her arm was placed on top of the one in the sling, doing her best at crossing her arms, "I'm sorry for not hitting you up," he moved even closer making them shoulder to shoulder. Just as he wanted, she looked at him again, "How can I get back in good graces with you ma?"

Ryan shrugged quickly, "I don't know," he chuckled at the pout on her pretty lips. Wanting to suck them into a smile.

"Okay, that's fine," with a hand on her thigh, "I'll figure it out." She shrugged again officially rolling her eyes, "How long are you out?" Ryan looked down at her sling and sighed.

"Four weeks probably, longer if it doesn't heal properly."

"Damn, I'm sorry that happened in my presence. What about work?" The stress that rose in her shoulder had him regretful of asking the question.

"I don't know," her angered expression turned to sadness, he could easily tell it was bothering her.

"Talk to me," he turned her body towards him, she didn't fight him on it. The oversized shirt she had on was now at her hips, and as badly as he wanted to spread her legs and lay between them he ignored the urge giving her face his full attention.

"I don't," pausing, "I'm going to get fired probably. My job was already on the line, so I have to figure out something to keep my lights on, Mike said he'd let me be late on rent. Tyler is going to try to help-" she stopped and cleared her throat."I'll figure it out."