|6|

For the first few minutes neither said anything

For the first few minutes neither said anything. They were too deep into their own thoughts. Him thinking of ways to engage her into a conversation that'll keep her talking longer than three minutes. Her wondering what she wanted to eat for dinner. Ryan made Tyler nervous, not many women could do that to him, he was a fairly confident guy. Awkward most times but confident at the least. To him Ryan was beautiful, as a white guy he was extremely attracted to black women. Their dark rich skin just did something to him, like Ryan's. Though she seemed highly uninterested in him at the time, he had confident that soon she would be.

"So how was work?" Tyler began rubbing his knees out of nervousness, Ryan took notice.

"Eh" was all she replied before looking back out the window. 'I can go for some tacos'

"Yeah, same. Boss was really on my ass hard today, but what's new." An awkward laugh escaped his lips. Ryan looked over at him, smiled, then back out the window. "Anything exciting happened this week?" he continued.

Ryan wasn't listening. Tyler glanced ahead and caught the eyes of the driver looking at him, the driver laughed shaking his head. 

"Ryan" Feeling embarrassed, "Ryan" he called a bit louder and with sternness.

"Hm?" she looks at him with those perfectly shaped slanted eyes and naturally parted lips.

Her beauty caused him to lose his train of thought, he just stared.

"Tyler, you okay?" Tyler was so weird to her, cute but just weird.

"Uh, um" the driver begin laughing harder, Ryan looked between the both of them confused.

"Okaay" she dragged before turning back to the window. 'If they try some shit, I'm ready'

'Shit' Tyler cursed himself and just decided to sit quiet for the rest of the ride biting his lip, watching as they crossed over into Brooklyn territory. 

"Thanks for that" Ryan watched Tyler go into his wallet and pay the driver.

"Anytime" he smiled before meeting her on the sidewalk. "Can I walk you to your door?"

Ryan looked around, "It's only 3 in the afternoon, I think I can make it three doors over safely." she giggled.

"It's New York, you never know" he joked sticking his hands in his pockets because his knees were too far down.

"Thanks Tyler, I owe you" Ryan rubbed his shoulder and turned to walk away.

"How about dinner?" he blurted. "Owe me dinner?" 

Ryan smiled at how nervous he looked, he was so cute. Tyler has been very persistent, she's taken notice. "Sure" she gave in, "What do you like to eat? 

"I'm no picky eater" he shrugged smiling big and turning red. His hair was out so it was slightly blowing making him look like a model on set.

"Good, me neither" Ryan smiled and begin walking away again, she knew that Tyler was still standing watching her so she added an extra twist in her walk. It felt pretty good to be wanted, especially after the day she's had.

It was 7:08 p.m. and Ryan wished she'd stayed at work. Laying in the same position on her couch for the last couple hours was no good. She'd ran through four street tacos, chips and a side of guac, her favorite bag of barbecue chips, and two ice cream bars. If she wanted to keep her shape and clear skin she needed to get up and stay active. Using the remote she turned the channel to the station of her firestick. 'Just one more romantic movie and I'm done', but she knew she wasn't near finished. She still needed to watch, "Me before You""Kissing Booth", Love Jones, and Poetic Justice. Ryan loved love, and watching romantic movies gave her hope for the future despite the traumatic experience with her sister.

The doorbell rings, Ryan ignores it because she knew whoever it was had the wrong door. It rings again over and over. "Ughh" with an annoyed expression she paused the movie and threw the thick plush blanket off of her. Pulling out a wedge from her underwear and letting the over sized shirt fall in it's place. With ease she grabbed the bat from behind her flower plant and head towards the door, ready.

"Who is it?" she yelled without looking through the peephole.

"Well it ain't a fine ass man to bring you food I tell ya that"

Rolling her eyes she placed the bat against the wall and opened the door for Antoinette. "What are you doing here?" Ryan was confused.

"Let me in" Antoinette pushed pass Ryan and begin putting bags on her small dining table. "I brought cheesecake, wine, and popcorn" Antoinette announced as she begin taken items out of the bags she carried. "I personally like Kettle corn but wasn't sure if you liked butter, so I got both" Antoinette shrugs shaking both boxes in Ryan's direction.

"I like Kettle" Ryan still carried a puzzled expression as she locked the door watching Antoinette. "Okay so what's the occasion? Like?"

"You're depressed that's the occasion, and I don't like to see my friends falling so before you bust your ass I'm here to save the day. Now you want red or white wine? I got some Ciroc too if you feel risky" Antoinette stuck her tongue out while twerking slightly.

"Aww I really appreciate this, you're sweet." Ryan smiles, scratching her head from the outside of her pink satin bonnet. "Yeah but I don't drink though remember"

Antoinette stopped dancing, "Until now! Heifer these bottles weren't cheap and you need to relax and the only way you're going to do so, is if you turn up a few glasses." 

At the rate of Ryan's emotions, relaxation is what she truly needed or she won't be able to sleep tonight. 

"You also need to go take that damn bonnet of ya head and put on some clothes!" Antoinette grabbed two glasses from the cabinet, "You ain't got no wine glasses?" 

Ryan looked over her attire, she was comfortable in her own apartment, there was no need to wear actual clothing.

"Gone now, hurry up I'll get the popcorn ready"

Without another word Ryan begin walking towards her bedroom. She couldn't believe Antoinette coming all this way from Manhattan and demanding her to get out of her funk of an attitude. Ryan was grateful though, it was a nice feeling to have someone care about her. Knowing Antoinette, tonight would be a night to remember.