|5|

New York, Concrete jungle where dreams are made of

New York, Concrete jungle where dreams are made of. There's nothin' you can't do. Right? So Ryan thought, those lyrics use to be her anthem. Now it just flowed through her head as she searched for the truth in it. New York may be where dreams are made of, but maybe that was a few years back. It's overpopulated and everyone is chasing the same bag, making it extremely difficult to feel like there's a chance. A chance to get ahead, though she's only been in New York for a few months, with the way things are going she's not too confident if it's for her anymore.

Growing up Ryan wanted to be a superstar, she wanted to act or sing, it didn't matter which one because she couldn't do either. It's just what she wanted to do. Ryan Mae big superstar name in lights in the big apple. Well, that dream was short-lived when she was told her chances were pretty low, she had a nice face but that was it. Ryan's vision changed once she entered high school and she found a love for business, not just any business but public relations. Since she figured she couldn't be in the limelight directly, she made the option that she'll work behind the scenes to keep those in the limelight, in a good light.

"Amanda do I have any messages?" Ryan paged the receptionist who she could physically see sitting on her desk talking to another colleague. Sighing she paged her again, "Amanda, could you check for messages please" Amanda looked over her shoulder with a look of disgust before paging back.

"No messages sir-I mean Ryan" 

Closing her eyes for a few seconds, "Oooo Lord" she begins praying. She wished by now she was running her own PR firm, walking around in expensive heels while others run away at her presence. That's the New York dream she was looking for. It's coming, that she knows, she's just being a bit impatient as usual. Amanda definitely has a vendetta out to get her, and she still doesn't know why. Slowly opening her eyes she shook her head and prepared to just leave early today, it's obvious a day of depression and she'll rather be on her couch with her favorite ice cream.

"Hey Antoinette, I'm gonna' head out early" she spoke into the phone after dialing Antoinette's extension. She'd forgiven her for the mishap that happened a week ago with that guy. Though she still hasn't gone out with her again, that still needed more time.

"Okay boo, what wrong? You sound down"

"I'm just tired, didn't get much sleep last night and-" she begins finger-combing her hair.

"You need some dick" Antoinette stated bluntly. 

Ryan stumbled over her words unable to respond, "What, do-"

"Need.. some..penis. A large thick penis." Antoinette begins laughing.

"Okay that's not even funny and I'm perfectly satisfied in my sexual department thank you" Ryan stated with fake confidence.