[29]

Two days

Two days.

Two days was not nearly enough time to calm down the aching nerves sitting in the pit of her stomach. Sitting beside her in the back seat of the moving vehicle, Kadeem. Phone to his ear engaged deeply in whoever was on the other side. He wore a low scowl on his face as he stared ahead out the front window. He was so oblivious of the deep breaths she took every few minutes the closer they got to the airport. With her hands in the lap of the light washed denim jeans, all of her thoughts were running rapid. Pondering on if it was a normal occurrence for Kadeem to take women out of town. Her past trauma was telling her that it was no way he thought she was that special. He seemed to be a good man but she was no dummy, even in a vulnerable place she still had her guard up. Only Antionette knew about the trip, she wanted to tell Tyler but thought against. What good would it do to piss him off, losing Tyler wasn't her intentions. Telling her parents was a no-go as well, for obvious reasons.

"Kadeem," the loud sounds of airplanes taking off brought her attention back to reality, she grabbed the lower half of his arm. He looked over at her with darting eyes. The phone he had up to his ear for the past twenty minutes in better view but she didn't care to read the screen, it wasn't her business to know who he was talking to. Whoever it was must've been very important because he seemed to be listening to every single detail, "Never mind, I'll wait until you're done," she thought about how rude it was for her to interrupt him. It was just burning questions at the tip of her tongue that she didn't want to forget. Trying her best to join the energy of the unbothered, she looked out the window closest to her.

"Bet. Do that, let me call you in ten." A hand touch the bottom of her face, bringing her attention towards him as he ended the call.

"You need my attention you got it," licking his lips he leaned back to get a wider view of her. Making her nervous, forgetting what she wanted to say. The peach colored sweater was clinched between her palm as she tried to think.

"Uh," she hesitated, biting down on her bottom lip.

"Ima' need you to say something," he exhaled. Making her regret getting his attention. She couldn't tell if he was upset or just really intrigued at what she wanted to say.

"It was nothing," he leaned forward.

"Say it. Wassup, talk to me," he grabbed her hand, rubbing his warm fingers over her freshly manicured ones, "Beautiful?" his voice flowing with comfort, it had such a power grip on her.

"I've just never done this," he didn't respond, just waited for her to continue, "Like, I don't know. I'm just over thinking it. I'm nervous. You do a lot for me." she admitted.

"Because I want to," her eyes roamed around his face, trying to bring her thoughts to a meaning of what he was saying. When he said nothing else, slightly she pouted. "I actually like you and that complex mind of yours. You deserve good things, you just gotta trust that you do."