|10|

The number of nerves that were vibrating throughout her was insane, there was no space inside of her head left to think

The number of nerves that were vibrating throughout her was insane, there was no space inside of her head left to think. Ryan watched as Antoinette stood behind her braiding the extension of hair down her back, not a style she would've gone for but decided to let Antoinette give her a few tips, she hadn't been on a date since Eric. She thought about what he would think, if he would like her dress and make-up. She wasn't sure if he liked women with skin-tight dresses and loads of make-up, she wasn't sure of anything he liked, she just wasn't sure of him. "This is so weird"

Making eye contact with Antoinette as she concentrated on making the braid perfection. Here was Tyler, a man she was sure had a good job and living regular, kinda. Tyler was persistent and made it clear that he was into her, yet he didn't make her think about him once she was comfortable in her bed late at night. Tyler also didn't google search her nor do an FBI search on her either. Mystery guy did, he made her think, worry and feel good at the same time. "Like he could be a serial killer" she continued with her theory on all the bad things he could be, being that he wouldn't tell her his name. She was also curious about how he knew all of those things about her, she'd checked her recent friend request on social media and no one looked like him.

"Don't worry, I'll be there. Just give me a look if you need help. I'll taze his fine ass" Antoinette laughed. Ryan sighed instead of joining in, she was stressed. "Look, calm down. If you don't want to go, then don't go"

Ryan looked at Antoinette again, she looked gorgeous. "It's like I do but don't."

"Are you afraid that he just wants to fuck?" Ryan shrugged. "You offer a lot more than a one night stand, I'm sure he knows that" Antoinette added finishing touches and smiled before walking away to wash her hands.

Ryan stared at herself in the mirror, trying to convince herself that this was okay. That it was okay to relax and just take the night for what it was, she deserved it. Plus she hadn't eaten all day and seafood was one of her favs.

"Alright let's go before you're late" She looked over her shoulder at Antoinette taking selfies in the bathroom mirror. Antoinette was beautiful with a body that was just perfect, Ryan couldn't help but to wonder why he'll want to take her out instead of Antoinette, plus Antoinette was pretty much down for whatever. "Take my picture really quick though, I have to make my other boos jealous"

"You think he really wants me to show up at 9:02?" Ryan wasn't sure if that was a northern joke. The Uber driver he'd sent for them was driving at a good speed, it was only 8:43 currently.

Antoinette shrugged as she looked at herself in her handheld mirror. "Nah that's just something he has going on", closing the mirror and placing it back into her clutch. "Stop looking so nervous", she nudged Ryan in the side playfully.

"I'm trying" Ryan read over the last message he'd sent which said, "Uber's outside", she didn't know he was sending a uber she's planned on taking a taxi. "Where is this restaurant anyway?"

Antoinette smiled, "On the water"

Ryan's eyebrows sunk like always, "What?"

"The Bateaux is a boat, a dinner boat. Very nice, and the food is pretty good."

"Why you ain't tell me all this earlier?" Ryan looked over her outfit making sure it was boat friendly.

"You look good, sexy as hell. Plus that would've only stressed you out more. Chill yo" Ryan rolled her eyes causing Antoinette to laugh, Ryan was a work of art. "Maybe we should've taken a shot" Ryan nodded agreeing, she still wasn't a casual drinker but a glass of wine would've been fine.

"My dad would faint if he saw me drinking" Ryan admitted, her father always commended her for not picking up the traits of her sister and cousins. The all drunk and smoke frequently growing up and she was always the oddball getting teased for it.

"Well, Mr. Jefferson needs to know that his baby girl is growing up" Antoinette slapped her thigh softly.