[22]

With no action or movement for the last few days, Kuddie felt like he would go insane

With no action or movement for the last few days, Kuddie felt like he would go insane. He felt like he was missing out on all the fun. It was just him, a bottle of Hennessy and a pager for when everything was set up. It'd been four days since he'd been off the scene, intentionally throwing Medusa off his game. Chewy and the rest of the crew were his eyes, he needed to see how Medusa was moving before his next move. "Still in hiding?" Nate Sr. hard footsteps could be heard hitting the staircase.

"Ain't nobody hiding," He was crashing in the basement at his parents crib. Something Pops said to him a week ago was that Medusa was furious when Nate left him alone in the streets. Seeing Nate go off and get a job, marry a beautiful woman, and have kids made him feel less than. Pops used to tell Medusa that he could do the same thing, but his trauma bond to the streets was a bit different than Nate's. So he needed pops to get more insight into Medusa's mind, he was going to show Medusa how it really feels to lose to the streets.

"You been here for four days," Nate walked behind the bar, unphased at the mug planted on his son's face. 

"I just been chilling, you said I don't come around enough," Kadeem walked towards the bar and took a seat, slamming down the half druken bottle of Hennessy he had been sipping on for the past few hours. The main reason he chose to go low-key at his parents house was because if anything was to happen to them, he would blame him self and he wouldn't know how to deal with that. 

"Dammit Deemie, that's another bottle?" Kadeem smiled widely, he hadn't been around to piss his father off in a while, and it felt good. Made him feel like that knucklehead teenager that used always sneak in his father's liquor cabinet and take a shot with his little brother. Nate Jr. followed Kadeem wherever he went, because he knew no matter what his big brother would protect him. Kadeem would take the punishment every time.

"I miss Nate lil bad ass man," the bottle turnt up towards his lips again. During a time where he needed to be focused, it was rare that he'll drink enough to be tipsy. It was just a lot on his mind, "Shit, I might need to put this down," he gave the bottle a look of disgust for pushing his emotions to the front. 

"So do I," Nate picked an empty glass, looking inside of it as if it showcased memories of his youngest son at the bottom. "Your mom misses him, we all do. You two together used to raise her blood pressure, man."

"Who won the game yesterday?" Kadeem quickly switched to a new topic.

Shaking his head, "You keep burying all those emotions, you're going to dig them out on the wrong person." Nate took the bottle from Kadeem's grasp and poured some into his glass. 

"I ain't trying to get into all that," Nate handed the bottle back to him, "I'ma go check on ma." Kadeem stumbled a bit getting up from his seat. His chest was beginning to burn, he wasn't sure if it was the liquor or his feelings. His phone began to vibrate in his pocket, he was glad for the distraction. Blinking away the blurring of his eyes he looked at the screen, it was his alarm.