|11|

Glancing at his Rolex, 9:01

Glancing at his Rolex, 9:01. He'd given her the benefit of doubt, hoping that she'd actually listen and respect his time. He took her for an punctual person. Someone who was good at following directions. 9:02, he bit his bottom lip in frustration, thinking his second thoughts were right, Ryan was into playing games. Games that he didn't plan to participate in.

"Sir will you be loading?" The old Caucasian concierge asked with curios eyes.

Without answering her he looked inside the boat making sure he didn't miss her. "Nah" he shook his head sucking on his teeth. "Fuck" he cursed aloud because this was the second time she'd played him and he didn't give second chances to many people. Reaching in the pocket of his grey slacks he grabbed his phone and unlocked it. She was about to get a piece of his mind, which he usually doesn't bother to do. 'It is what it is' was the routine motto.

"Welcome, mam are you loading?" the pleasant lady voiced again causing him to look up. Mug still slightly on his face. Then it dropped, because there she was.

Ryan looked nervous as she stared at him staring at her. A soft smiled rose onto his lips, "Wow" was all he could say.

Ryan's eyebrows raised, "Are we loading?"

Reaching out his hand for her to grab, she hesitated but grabbed it. Once their skin touched, it sent a chill up both arms. He stared at her as they walked, making her feel even more uncomfortable.

"Can I get the last name please?" The hostess asked politely.

"Gibson" Kadeem spoke smoothly and short as he continued scanning his eyes over all of Ryan's glory. It wanted to kick himself for how quickly he doubted her.

"Right this way"

Ryan looked ahead, he could feel the tug of her hand meaning she wanted to let go.

"You look ...man...so beautiful" he gripped her hand tighter.

"Thanks" shyly she smiled, glanced at him then looked around. The red handkerchief hanging out of his suit pocket was the perfect accent to her dress. She still couldn't believe she wore red at his request, but it was also her favorite color.

"Here's your table, enjoy" the hostess walks away.

Kadeem pulled out her chair letting her sit first, took off his jacket, loosened his top button of his shirt and sat down.

"This is really nice" Ryan looked out towards the water. Her smooth chocolate skin was kissed by the sun. Kadeem wanted to reach out and glide his hands across it, "Is this a popular place?" She avoided his eye contact.

"Am I making you nervous?"

Their eyes finally fell onto each other, Ryan swallowed hard. "I'm just a nervous person in general.", she admitted and he appreciated her honesty.