Chapter one (finding peace)

9 months later

>Tara's POV<

I promised Sam I'd do therapy, and after going for the past few months, it felt almost silly to be against it.

We had moved out of that apartment complex, and all of us put our money together for a nice house. After a couple of months, Danny and Sam managed to buy the property, so it was ours.

Thankfully, we all physically healed from everything that happened, but the specks of trauma definitely still remained.

There were times when I had nightmares. There were times when Amber would cry in her sleep. I heard Sam talking in a bathroom once... but it was like someone was actually there. So no, maybe we weren't completely over it, but moving forward was the next step.

The house we had was nice. When you opened the door, the living room was to the right and the dining room to the left, farther back, the kitchen. There was a laundry room farther back near the living room.

The first thing you saw was the stairwell when entering. Past it on the side was a hall where Danny and Sam's room was. Chad and Liv's room on the other side of the hall.

Up the stairs to the left of the stairwell was Mindy and Anika's room. It was literally the most girly rainbow plastered room in the world, and their bed was shaped like a heart.

Down their hall was a bathroom.

On the right of the stairwell was Amber and I's room. Opposite to Mindy and Anika, our theme was black with anime posters and neon lights on the ceiling and walls. We had a couple of bean bags and an X box for Amber and our own bathroom.

I liked it here. I liked all of us being together, with no strangers or roommates. Just a family.

Also, Sam and Danny were getting serious. It was nice to see her with somebody who made her happy.

I walked into the room from out of our bathroom in my towel to see Amber watching Evil Dead Rise.

"Ew, her face looks nasty. Why are you watching this?" I complained.

"Because it's goooood." She sang, keeping her attention on the TV with a mouth full of gummies.

"Don't choke." I said, getting dressed.

"You wanna watch Care Bears?" She teased.

"Anything but this." I said.

She laughed and turned her attention to her creepy entertainment.

I put on a baby pink fitted dress and fixed my hair half up half down.

Then there was a knock at our door.

"Babe, are you naked?" Amber ask me invested in the TV.

"No." I laughed, putting on my lipgloss.

"You may enter!" Amber called to the door with her hands up.

Mindy walked in in a rainbow top and some mom jeans.

"You guys up for bowling night?" Mindy asked.

Amber groaned and leaned down. "I had no plans on leaving the house." She said.

"Lazy girl." I said.

"There will be pizzaaaa." Mindy sang.

"Fine." Amber sat up and got dressed in her usual black, not caring that Mindy was here.

"Who's all coming?" I said.

"Well, I think Danny and Sam are sleeping." Mindy said.

"Old peopleee." Amber sang.

"She's drunkish." I told Mindy.

"Makes sense." Mindy said. "And Liv and Chad are 'doing homework' so i guess its a lesbo nightt. Mindy said.

"They're definitely having sex." Amber laughed and leaned to the side in her chair.

"Amber!" I said.

"I'm sorryyy." She sang.

Mindy laughed. "What time should we leave?"

"About 7, Amber will be soberish around that time." I said.

"Alrighty." Mindy said and closed our door.

I went over to Amber's chair and put my hands on her head.

"Hi, Teddy bear." She giggled.

"You need to come down from this." I laughed and kissed the top of her head.

"I'm gonna drink some water." She said.

"Good idea." I said putting my earrings on.

Bowling night with the girls, should be fun enough.