chapter 24 getting readyyyy

>Tara's POV<

We woke up already getting ready for our first activity here in Florida.

I was putting my pink swimsuit cover-up up on when Amber came out of the bathroom with an irritated expression on her face.

"What's wrong, angry bird?" I asked.

"The humidity in fucking Florida is literally insane. I'm not even gonna try to straighten my hair." She replied.

"I love your curls anyways, I wish I had them." I said.

"No, trust me you don't. I'm gonna look like an electrocuted skunk whether I straighten it or not." She said putting her towels in her beach bag.

"Lemme put some of this in your hair." I said ushering her over.

"What is that?" She says, sitting in front of me.

"Garnier Fructis. It helps curls in humidity, I hope it helps yours." I explained running it through her curls.

"What if my hair gets wet? I wanna surf." She said.

"Well it won't come completely out because you'll have a bun in, but you could always re-apply as soon as you get out." I said.

"Yeah. Makes sense. Thank you." She said looking up and puckering her lips.

I gave her a kiss and then we resumed packing.

"God just FLORIDA." She said.

"It's what's in our budget, maybe Mexico next year." I replied.

"I would've said California, but for obvious reasons, that is just not an option." She said.

"For horrific reasons." I added.

>Mindy's POV<

"Where are my favorite lesbians? I wanna get to the beach." Mindy said.

"Not to mention, Chad and Liv are packing their entire LIFE for the beach." Anika added, eating a chip.

Mindy strolled over and laid in Anika's lap while looking at the ceiling.

"Whatcha thinking about?" Anika asked.

"The time me and the group went to the beach during the summer. We took a whole trip after prom and graduation. Just happy to be alive." Mindy said.

"Going to the beach isn't a bad omen just because...IT happened again." Anika said.

"I know. I just get Deja vu. I really hope this shit is over for us. No more ghostface." Mindy said.

"Me too." Anika replied.

>Sam's POV<

"What the fuck?" Danny complained as he was under the car.

"Need some help?" I asked.

"No I got it." He replied.

Men.

"We rented the damn thing, don't tell me it's broken." I said putting out a cigarette.

"It's not, just something in here making the engine have a funky noise. Once I handle this we'll be on our way." Danny explained.

"Alright then." I said and folded my arms.

After a while I went back inside to see Tara and Chad in the kitchen bagging some waters.

"Good idea, let's not drink THEIR water." I said.

"We almost ready?" Liv came jogging down the stairs.

"Almost, Danny's doing something with the car." I said. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick."

"Okay, we'll let you know if Danny says anything." Chad said.

"Thanks." I said going up the stairs.

I opened my cabinet for my medicine and took it.

It hasn't been as bad as it used to be. I guess my happiness contributed well to my mental state.

"How's it going?" A familiar voice said.

I looked up at the mirror, and sure enough there he was. He looked like me but a white man instead. A few blood stains on his shirt and that annoying smirk he did.

"What? You're not gonna speak to me?" Billy asked.

"I spent 13 years of my life not speaking to you, I think I'll do just fine." I replied.

"Sam."

"What do you want? Cuz I'm not gonna kill anybody." I said in a dry tone.

"I wanted to remind you to keep your guard up." He said.

My chest tightened.

"Never get too comfortable." He added

"Can I please have this day?" I whined. My eyes teared slightly.

"I'm just telling you to remember who you are and keep that guard up."

"Okay, okay, I will." I said.

"Did you bring a knife for the beach?" He said.

"I didn't... want Tara to get mad." I said.

"Tara got mad last time, and guess who was right all along." He snapped.

I just looked at him, responding with silence.

"You were right, Sam. 95% of the time, YOU are right. Take precautions. Let Tara be mad." He said

Suddenly, he vanished.

"Sam!" A knock on the bathroom door startled me.

I opened the door with a smile.

"You okay?" Tara said.

"Yeah, just allergies." I lied, wiping my eyes.

"You'd better take some allergy medicine before we leave. I'll grab some pills and water, meet you in the car." She said, heading downstairs.

I went into my room and grabbed a few knives from my safe.

Afterward, I hid them in my towel bag and went downstairs. Everyone was already piling into the car.

"Never let your guard down." I whispered to myself and made my way to the car to join the others.